Testing and embracing Stacore

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Everything looks and sounds best with Lamm :)!

david

And probably you still have not read that the Lamm L2.1 Reference is the TAS preamplifier of the year! Congratulations!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Jarek, the kudos to you are 100% deserved. Living with Stacores under bpt and cdp for several months now has been wholly positive. This has now been replicated under my tt (indeed, life without a Stacore under my cdp is quite “interesting”). The platform only brings positive attributes, nothing negative at all as far as I can see/hear.

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
Thank you guys!
We are not fast as we prefer to be safe tan sorry but we are progressing on this project.

Cheers,

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Congratulations on getting such a great write up on your platform Jarek, Wojech Pacula always seems a reliable and on point reviewer so such a positive assessment from him says a lot... also kind thanks for the link Tango.

You are welcome. Actually this review has been out for a few months already in highfidelity.pl but positive-feedback just linked it up recently. Spiritofmusic, the brand ambassador, just forgot to do his job and post it :p.

Kind regards,
Tang

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
You are welcome. Actually this review has been out for a few months already in highfidelity.pl but positive-feedback just linked it up recently. Spiritofmusic, the brand ambassador, just forgot to do his job and post it :p.

Kind regards,
Tang
Lol, hilarious... and most remiss Marc :)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hey, I’ve been too busy drinking over the holiday. Even brand ambassadors need their time off.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Well, my tt is well and truly performing after 3 weeks of the worst ever burn in Hell. It’s just getting better and better. And I’ve tried a couple of times to compare the effects of Stacore Adv under the tt v tt back on my Symposium Isis rack. And it’s really not subtle.
The Stacore just allows the low end to really express itself, so much more extension, agility, and zero bleed into mids. The mids are truly open, textured and deep, with imaging and air off the scale. And the last thing to blossom, the treble, is proving to be sweet and extended. The tt is sounding fine on the rack too, but the Stacore is like getting the analog out of cruise mode and letting it motor in the fast lane.

Husk

Member Sponsor
Apr 20, 2010
Spokane, Wa.
IMG_0049.JPG IMG_0090.JPG IMG_0100.JPG IMG_0118.JPG IMG_0120.JPG

I recently installed 2 Basic Plus's and 2 Advanced Stacore's in my 16 x 22 x 10 room. In short, this is the best my room has ever sounded. Pin point imaging, a wide wrap around sound stage and much improved bass. A friend of mine met Jarek in Poland this summer. When he returned and after emailing back and fourth with Spirit, I placed the order. His platforms are both a beautiful piece of artwork and an incredible engineered SQ upgrade to my system. He is an absolute pleasure to work with and he customized my 2 Advanced units because my rack was 1 inch to small.
Thanks again Spirit for starting this thread as I would not have known about Stacore with out it.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Everything looks great! Congratulations!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
That’s handsome.

Tang

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
looks amazing!
congrats!
i was contact starcore for A platform for myself, but the weight of their devices is way to high for me to handle on my stands and under my turntable.
so, i was turning other ways, but always great to see how well they work on a different application around.

enjoy! a super impressive system you've got there!

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
Thank you Husk :) An honor to be a part of your gorgeous listening room!

One remark - the Husk's customization of Advanced platforms is not so much about the dimensions, but the frontal position of the control switches. Its is not visible as Husk decided to go super minimal visually, but all in all it's a very neat modification in my subjective view ;)

DSCN6385.JPG

DSCN6367.JPG

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Glad to do my little bit. Indeed Husk did ask my opinions, and I was glad to encourage him.
However I didn’t expect him to buy FOUR!
There are a fair number of data points coming in from various owners, we seem to all be benefitting in widespread ways.
Hoping my 3rd and 4th platforms are going to happen in the next 2-3 months.
Keep us posted Husk.

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
Now that all the details have been finalized, I can give some highlight on the coming rack. It will be a three tier double rack. There will be some slight differences compared to the below visuals. The rack will be all graphite black (same color as the platforms) and the two upper platforms will be both aligned with the controls on the front panel.

As my floor is a huge slab of concrete, I could envisage having both bottom platforms resting on the floor. I am not a tall guy (5.8 foot) and I still need to access the turntable that will be sitting on the top shelf. So any gain in height is welcome.

Jarek kindly requested that I don't communicate on the technology developed for the rack. I will therefore comply and won't spill the beans. More information once I get the rack delivered.

Many thanks to Jarek and Flyer for accommodating my wishes.

Ultisone_double_v4_dimensions_zpsddhoxuzd.png

Ultisone_double_v4_view2_zps6kuxznxq.png

Ultisone_double_v4_view1_zpsen89s2n9.png

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
That is scary crazy LOL!
DCC, like you I’m planning to have multiple Stacores, one outside listening room to isolate the balanced power transformer, and up to eight btwn the spkrs to isolate my gear.
As things stand, my aim is to have the platforms sitting on the floor, not stacked on a rack as is your plan.
If you have any fears of your bottom two Stacores direct on the floor, don’t be, my tt w highly sensitive air linear tracking arm is isolated on a Stacore direct on the floor, not more than 3-4’ from each spkr/downfiring sub, and my analog isn’t skipping a beat.
I’ll consider getting a rack to house six Stacores such as you’re doing, but tbh funding nine Stacores in total is such a drain on my resources, I’m not sure I’ll be able to afford it.

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
my tt w highly sensitive air linear tracking arm is isolated on a Stacore direct on the floor, not more than 3-4’ from each spkr/downfiring sub, and my analog isn’t skipping a beat.

Direct on the floor? I don’t care how good the sound can be man. I am not going to bend my knees and lower my end changing vinyl dropping needle. You should be more kind to your body Marc.

Kind regards,
Tang

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I think the bend over nature typifies many audiophiles

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Well Tang, my lp is actually 13” off the floor, but I get your point.
What is truly amazing is that analog should work at all sitting on a platform on the floor, way better than 3rd tier up in the air on a rack as was my previous setup.
And to allow my uber sensitive air arm to track like a bloodhound, playing on my springy 35x30 floor while maintaining cosmic levels of bass control, is the biggest advert for Stacore I can give.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing