Testing and embracing Stacore

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Well Tang, my lp is actually 13” off the floor, but I get your point.
What is truly amazing is that analog should work at all sitting on a platform on the floor, way better than 3rd tier up in the air on a rack as was my previous setup.
And to allow my uber sensitive air arm to track like a bloodhound, playing on my springy 35x30 floor while maintaining cosmic levels of bass control, is the biggest advert for Stacore I can give.

Marc, how did you find setting up the turntable adjustments with the rig 13" off the floor, or did you set it up on a table and then move it? My friend has his SP10 III close to the floor and he can't see and bend well enough to clean the stylus, so he is planning a change.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Indeed we did set it up, move it, and then level the Stacore. I have few issues kneeling down to clean stylus, adjust speed, VTF and VTA.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
About to order a custom extended top plate for my Stacore Advanced.
As is currently configured, I have to situate my Straingauge energiser box directly adjacent to my tt, which means only 2/3 of the tt is directly over the integral air bladders.
A wider top plate will enable me to properly centre the tt over the bladders while still allowing me to keep the energiser box next to the tt.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Sorry Jarek. I really like this pic. I can’t help not posting it.

29D0C7A2-85D0-49FE-A8A9-729BF1CFD423.jpeg

Stress test my rack at 260 kgs.

Tang:)

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
lol +1

Jarek is utterly transparent and honest by sending such pics :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Lol

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
Hahaha! This test was fun - the rack turned out to be solid stable under the load and i even managed to predict its fundamental frequency.
The paint is now setting Tang so a bit more patience please :)

Cheers,

Edit: The total load on top was 265+120=385kg...+100kg platform and a slate CLD shelf below

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
What’s Tang going to have on this thing, a whole gaggle of dancing girls?
If so, I want an invite!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Yes, but Tang is down on the farm sorting his fertiliser supplies. You only find real women down there .

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Soon to order my third and fourth Stacore Advanced platforms.
I’m going to try these in four situations to ascertain maximum benefit
1- under preamp and cdp
2- under SETs monos
3- under tt motor psu & Straingauge energiser psu
4- under Zus

The idea to try them under Zus is the one that may produce the most interesting albeit unpredictable results.
I’ve got excellent SQ w my Zus on Symposium Rollerblocks & Svelte Shelves replacing stock spikes.
So Stacore should take this improvement to an all together better level. Mass loading and pneumatics isolation to both the main spkrs and integral sub amps & Lundahl transformers.
Most interesting will be the end result of raising the Zus 4-5” higher, which will effectively bring the Radian supertweeters up to ears level. That will certainly bring a higher energy presentation to the fore w the frequencies above 12kHz being more directly radiated twds my ears, together with likely benefits from SOTA isolation.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Soon to order my third and fourth Stacore Advanced platforms.
I’m going to try these in four situations to ascertain maximum benefit
1- under preamp and cdp
2- under SETs monos
3- under tt motor psu & Straingauge energiser psu
4- under Zus

The idea to try them under Zus is the one that may produce the most interesting albeit unpredictable results.
I’ve got excellent SQ w my Zus on Symposium Rollerblocks & Svelte Shelves replacing stock spikes.
So Stacore should take this improvement to an all together better level. Mass loading and pneumatics isolation to both the main spkrs and integral sub amps & Lundahl transformers.
Most interesting will be the end result of raising the Zus 4-5” higher, which will effectively bring the Radian supertweeters up to ears level. That will certainly bring a higher energy presentation to the fore w the frequencies above 12kHz being more directly radiated twds my ears, together with likely benefits from SOTA isolation.

You are crazy man.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Tang, from the man who is certifiably insane with AS, Kronos, AF and EMT tts, I’ll take that as a massive compliment .

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
tang, from the man who is certifiably insane with as, kronos, af and emt tts, i’ll take that as a massive compliment ??.

lol

do you have child 3 & 4 yet?

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
Can you see 5 Stacores in this system?

View attachment 42162

I am thinking about Stacore but one thing makes me worry about my setup and this setup is the weight that the floor has to endure if put over 4-5 stacore. I am see almost a ton over such a small space. In my apartment it will be over 1.2 ton in slightly bigger space.

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
I am thinking about Stacore but one thing makes me worry about my setup and this setup is the weight that the floor has to endure if put over 4-5 stacore. I am see almost a ton over such a small space. In my apartment it will be over 1.2 ton in slightly bigger space.

Dear Hieukm,

Thank you for considering us! 1 platform = 100kg = 1 adult male (roughly). Imagine you throw a home party and 4-5 big boys come simultaneously to watch your toys. If your floor starts making noises, I'd run away from such an apartment saving your life! I'd be glad to help with assessing load per m2 and ceiling load capability shall you need it.

Cheers,

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
You win a set of our footers (when we finally make them :rolleyes: )

Cheers,

No need footers. Just send me a big sign “Protected by Stacore” to put on the wall of my room. The vibration karma will never enter my room.

Bests,
Tang

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing