Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Help me beat my CD Transport

I use a Laufer Teknik Memory Player. It’s the latest version and I output via AES EBU into my Soulution DAC. It beats my Soulution player and is an absolute delight.
    Expensive though.. 52K

Quote Originally Posted by jussy1254 View Post
    I use a Laufer Teknik Memory Player. It’s the latest version and I output via AES EBU into my Soulution DAC. It beats my Soulution player and is an absolute delight.
    Expensive though.. 52K
    Hello Jussy,
    I like the MP too.
    The Hong Kong dealer has only the lower model MP16 as demo but it's already excellent when pairing with a Totaldac D1-Six dac.

Pls try a small trick : remove the top plate to allow and disconnect the chassis fans. The resulting improvement is surprising!
    ARC 40 Anniv preamp, MC2 S1400 monoblocks, Magico S5 speaker, CAS with MSB Platinum IV Plus dac, MSB UMT Plus & Signature Transport Powerbase, Furman isolation transformer.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Something for your friend to try before buying different PSes - try grounding the negative poles of all PSes to a single ground point & from there to mains ground.
    So ground the outer barrel of all SMPS DC plugs.
    This will eliminate most leakage currents
    Manufacturer digital products www.Ciunas.biz
    "The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance – it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin.

Quote Originally Posted by jkeny View Post
    Something for your friend to try before buying different PSes - try grounding the negative poles of all PSes to a single ground point & from there to mains ground.
    So ground the outer barrel of all SMPS DC plugs.
    This will eliminate most leakage currents
    Is there a “device” or adapter or connector that would make this easy? I have three devices to connect.
    Preamps: ADA Reference (multichannel); VTL 7.5 II (two channel)
    Digital: MSB Transport+ Platinum V DAC. Core Audio + MicroRendu streaming; Roon+HQP+FabFilter/Acourate; Trinnov (multichannel)
    Speakers: PRO Audio Technology 2115sm across fronts; 4x 18" PRO subs; 11.4 overall
    Room: Design by Dennis Erskine and Keith Yates. Extensive use of RPG custom bass traps
    Power: Richard Gray 20A UPS and isolation transformer. Triton/Typhon and Sound Application. Shunyata Sigma

Quote Originally Posted by Brucemck2 View Post
    Is there a “device” or adapter or connector that would make this easy? I have three devices to connect.
    Use star washers that fit over the barrel of the SMPS DC plug - you can weave (or solder) stranded wire in this star washer - bring all 3 wires coming from the 3 SMPSes together into the ground pin of a mains plug.

But be careful that your mains plug earth connection is secure & not likely to connect to the live pin - I would remove the P & N pins from this mains plug to ensure this.

Name:  DV_WebLarge_P_1611.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  10.5 KB
    Last edited by jkeny; 10-29-2017 at 05:08 AM.
    Manufacturer digital products www.Ciunas.biz
    "The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance – it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678