Coming to America

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Congrats Elliot
could be for me and my friends, the best speaker i listen in Munich last year and 2 years ago
Regards
Gianluigi

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I have certainly thought the speakers were terrific. I did a lot of listening to the speakers and the cables and after that process my opinion was that we should bring the products to the U.S. I was very impressed with the quality of construction, fit and finish, and the passion of the Gobel company and Oliver.
I appreciate the kind words Gianluigi!
Elliot

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Goebel LaCorde, the best fit an finished cables I have ever put my hands on. They are like Porsche 911Turbo of cables. Just open the box and pride of ownership goes tothe roof. No kidding. One of the most black background and dynamic cables. You have great products in your hand.

Kind regards,
Tang

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Goebel LaCorde, the best fit an finished cables I have ever put my hands on. They are like Porsche 911Turbo of cables. Just open the box and pride of ownership goes tothe roof. No kidding. One of the most black background and dynamic cables. You have great products in your hand.

Kind regards,
Tang

Tango,

Elliot just delivered to me speaker cables, USB and a Power Cord. He hasn't yet heard it on my system as I have been burning them in for the last 4 days. We are going to have a listening session tomorrow.

Let me say that as to build quality, there is NO equal on the market today. They are truly a work of art.

As to sound, I will give a more formal opinion when I believe they are at their best in my system. Relative early impressions are "remarkable". The Gobel cables are replacing my Valhalla 2 for reference.

My speakers are the Nola Concert Grand Golds, for reference and my DAC is the MSB Select II, for reference.

Howie

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Kind regards,
Tang
Exactly !
I would probably make the Patek Phillipe or F.P Journe analogy as far as construction but that is more my area of reference. I truly believe that the perfectionist qualities of Gobel's products are just unsurpassed in the Industry from a construction and fit and finish prospective.
I will let the products "speak" for themselves when it comes to sound.
My initial reactions to the products when I had the time to see and examine them closely is they are truly world class works of ART. Tang I could not agree with you more.
Enjoy !
Elliot

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
@Priaptor
Please do report when you are ready of this cable,thanks

@Tang
Do you like also Lange & Sohne,congrats
I was near a double split,then i stop

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
@Priaptor

@Tang

I was hoping to comment when I had all the demo cables and all fully burned in. Still awaiting the XLR cables.

My system is all Nordost V2, with an MSB Select II DAC, to an ARC GS150 amp to Nola Concert Grands.

Just a quick history. I have been the guinea pig for some of the products Elliot was considering for the Gobel speakers, which he has yet to have delivered so we tried the D'Ag S250 SS amp as well as another, yet to be released SS amp which I am not at liberty to discuss. To my surprise the D'Ag brought some impressive new detail to my system, particularly at the bottom end which a little uncontrolled with the GS150 and more space and detail at the upper octaves although lost some of the midrange liquidity of the GS150. I bring this up, because my speakers were designed with tubes in mind, actually designed with the REF75 as the speaker are very efficient despite their size. I also bring this up so that you can understand what these wires are doing to my system.

Elliot not having any speakers as yet, dropped them off last week for me to burn them in.

As to the build, they are second to none. Absolutely amazing. I have rarely seen a product made like this. Very clear attention to detail was of utmost importance.

The cables now have close to 50 hours and are still opening up. Here are my preliminary observations.

As to the bass control of the GS150 compared to the solid state counterpart (used with V2), I have never heard the GS150 as controlled as this. These cables are articulating the lower octaves better than the D'Ag did. Double bass guitar is room shattering without any distortion. I have never heard anything like it on any system, PERIOD! I am not saying that other systems can't do what this is doing and I look forward to trying these cables with more SS amps again but this is a new experience for me, sans a subwoofer that is.

The reason I love the GS150 has always been because of the liquidity of the midrange, which I have yet to hear as good with solid state, until some of my recent tests which are getting there but not quite. These cables take it to a new level. Truly a surreal experience and brings out the best of my system. Vocals are mesmerizing. Piano and all strings incredibly well articulated, natural and you can hear every nuance of the instrument. Leonard Cohen's vocal cords were literally vibrating in my brain. I have never experience anything like this.

Besides how controlled the bass was to my surprise was how effortless and more apparent the upper octaves were. With the solid state stuff and the ribbons, while the detail was incredible, it could be slightly overpowering in my system after a couple of hours. Now it is just right. I just fits! Hearing detail that is coherent with incredible space and great transparency.

As to imaging and spatial cues, the highlight of my speakers, has always been the holographic three dimensionality it is capable of. Width and front to back was a little lacking when first installed. Totally different story after just 50 hours. While the depth is of similar magnitude to the Valhalla (and is constantly improving with time on the Gobel) the width of the soundstage is incredible. Space and coherency to die for.

I only expect, with time these cables to get better. I am looking forward to the the XLRs. I am NOT looking forward to giving any of them back when Elliot gets his speakers in and showroom setup.

This just preliminary, I have yet to separate out what the speaker cable is doing versus the USB as my "original intent" was just to burn in the cables for Elliot never expecting the results I am getting.

I have tried many cables and these are in a different league compared to anything I have purchased or tried and they are still getting better. I will definitely continue with updates and when the XLRs come in and all is burned in, try to isolate what each is doing.

I am also going to be Elliot's "guinea pig" for some other solid state stuff in the near future so I will see how that interaction goes as well. Don't be surprised if you see some Nordost Cables up for sale shortly.

Howie

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
@Priaptor

@Tang

Sawasdee Gian,

I sell fertilizer I cant wear these watches. My wife bought me a G-Shock and I have been wearing it since.

Back to Gobel cable. I tried in my system their top phono and power cable. They were very dynamic and very musical. Music popped out from a black background. I really mean black not just very low noise floor. My Siltech is extremely low noise but not painted black like this. Details are all there. A bit dark in my opinion. At first listen you can be easily drawn into their sound. Sound seems a bit closer in or the image size is bigger however you want to put it. I use top Siltech for power cords and top MIT for interconnects to compare. I think you have MIT phono cable too right? Gobel cable I think have different character of sound from CH electronics. I can see why they compliment CH electronics very well. You told me to try CH P1 and it is now in my system. CH is very open, clean, fast and easy on the ears, natural I mean. Compare with top tube phonos, I think it has a bit less "pop" and "rhythm." So if you add the Gobel cable may be it increase the pop that I was talking about.

Just a comment from an untrained ear.

Tang

Last edited:

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Sawasdee Gian,

I sell fertilizer I cant wear these watches. My wife bought me a G-Shock and I have been wearing it since.

Back to Gobel cable. I tried in my system their top phono and power cable. They were very dynamic and very musical. Music popped out from a black backgroung. I really mean black not just very low noise floor. My Siltech is extremely low noise but not painted black like this. Details are all there. A bit dark in my opinion. At first listen you can be easily drawn into their sound. Sound seems a bit closer in or the image size is bigger however you want to put it. I use top Siltech for power cords and top MIT for interconnects to compare. I think you have MIT phono cable too right? Gobel cable I think have different character of sound from CH electronics. I can see why they compliment CH electronics very well. You told me to try CH P1 and it is now in my system. CH is very open, clean and easy on the ears, natural I mean. Compare with top tube phonos, I think it has a bit less "pop" and "rhythm." So if you add the Gobel cable may be it increase the pop that I was talking about.

Just a comment from an untrained ear.

Tang

Tang,

Elliot is getting a CH Precision M1 soon and I will be "burning it in" for him until his speakers arrive.

I am really looking forward to hear how it compares to the D'Ag S250 in my system with these cables.

I have used both Siltech and MIT (was the first Siltech distributor here in the states back in the mid 80s), not in this system, but did use MIT (not their newest ilk) in a similar system to what I have, so I really can't compare but these Gobel are special. I haven't had a cable experience like this since the first MIT boxes YEARS AGO in Avalon speaker system.

Howie

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Tang,

Elliot is getting a CH Precision M1 soon and I will be "burning it in" for him until his speakers arrive.

I am really looking forward to hear how it compares to the D'Ag S250 in my system with these cables.

I have used both Siltech and MIT (was the first Siltech distributor here in the states back in the mid 80s), not in this system, but did use MIT (not their newest ilk) in a similar system to what I have, so I really can't compare but these Gobel are special. I haven't had a cable experience like this since the first MIT boxes YEARS AGO in Avalon speaker system.

Howie

Dear Howie,

My advise is dont try the CH together with the Gobel. I know what they can do to you. Especially when you have that marvalous MSB Select as a source. Gian used to be a tube head. Now he is all CH.

Kind regards,
Tang

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Dear Howie,

My advise is dont try the CH together with the Gobel. I know what they can do to you. Especially when you have that marvalous MSB Select as a source. Gian used to be a tube head. Now he is all CH.

Kind regards,
Tang

Tang,

I hear you loud and clear. TRUST ME!! I am going down a path I shouldn't trying to help out a friend. I got a taste for modern day SS with the D'Ag and was floored and am very scared about hearing the CH Precision. My last SS was the Constellation Centaur Stereo amp about 4 years ago and I didn't like it. I tried it with what I had as well as my Magico Q1s. They were OK on the Magico and terrible on my Nola and neither the Constellation or the Magico were my cup of tea so I got rid of both thinking nothing will every replace my tubes. Well I must eat those words as I am surprised at how good the new SS stuff is.

I will keep you informed as I embark on this scary journey .

Howie

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Hi Howie,
i always listen music since 1978 to end 2015 with tube,except 1989/1991 with Mark levinson ml 6b and for pair of N20 bridge for biamp
I started with ARC D 90B and sp6,then sp 8/10/11,D250,M 300,Hal Amp,Jadis 80/200/500,Counterpoint sa 4,Yamamura triode with 845,Audiotekne all the top,Mactone M8V,Shindo Petrus with Shinonia and 300B limited,FAL,Sissanayake,ANJ M7 and M10,Neiro,Neiro Silver,Kageki,Baransu,2 Ongaku,Kakuon,Kondo M7 KSL,GE1,2 Souga,
Quad II,Radfors sta 15,Leak tl 12 plus,ARC D79B,Mc intosh MC 240,MC 30,MC 75
and a lot i forgot
Since end 2015 i bought CH L1 P1 X1 M1 mono,and for me is the top and best i had since 1978
My dream is to do slowly P1 and L1 mono in 8 stack
Regards

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
today i tried,one my friend borrow me
Stealth Indra V10 and Kharma Enigma Signature,both XLR,
absolute don't like
Slow,few details,small image,i don't know how is possible 10/16.000 usd these cable

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Hi Howie,
i always listen music since 1978 to end 2015 with tube,except 1989/1991 with Mark levinson ml 6b and for pair of N20 bridge for biamp
I started with ARC D 90B and sp6,then sp 8/10/11,D250,M 300,Hal Amp,Jadis 80/200/500,Counterpoint sa 4,Yamamura triode with 845,Audiotekne all the top,Mactone M8V,Shindo Petrus with Shinonia and 300B limited,FAL,Sissanayake,ANJ M7 and M10,Neiro,Neiro Silver,Kageki,Baransu,2 Ongaku,Kakuon,Kondo M7 KSL,GE1,2 Souga,
Quad II,Radfors sta 15,Leak tl 12 plus,ARC D79B,Mc intosh MC 240,MC 30,MC 75
and a lot i forgot
Since end 2015 i bought CH L1 P1 X1 M1 mono,and for me is the top and best i had since 1978
My dream is to do slowly P1 and L1 mono in 8 stack
Regards

Thanks for that reference. I am truly looking forward to hearing the M1 when he gets it, hopefully sooner than later. YUP solid state has come a long way.

I like your "dream" despite that I am all digital now

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Thanks for that reference. I am truly looking forward to hearing the M1 when he gets it, hopefully sooner than later. YUP solid state has come a long way.

I like your "dream" despite that I am all digital now
It should arrive next week I think. I am excited to try it in your system. After the other night I am anxious to try it and see where we can go.
I also hope to have a set of balanced cables soon as well.

"its a Hard world" is one amazing cut!!!

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Tang,

I hear you loud and clear. TRUST ME!! I am going down a path I shouldn't trying to help out a friend. I got a taste for modern day SS with the D'Ag and was floored and am very scared about hearing the CH Precision. My last SS was the Constellation Centaur Stereo amp about 4 years ago and I didn't like it. I tried it with what I had as well as my Magico Q1s. They were OK on the Magico and terrible on my Nola and neither the Constellation or the Magico were my cup of tea so I got rid of both thinking nothing will every replace my tubes. Well I must eat those words as I am surprised at how good the new SS stuff is.

I will keep you informed as I embark on this scary journey .

Howie

So, do you like CH amps? The M1 is a beast...Florian did a nice job. I actually heard the prototype at their HQ a few years back.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Exactly !
I would probably make the Patek Phillipe or F.P Journe analogy as far as construction but that is more my area of reference. I truly believe that the perfectionist qualities of Gobel's products are just unsurpassed in the Industry from a construction and fit and finish prospective.
I will let the products "speak" for themselves when it comes to sound.
My initial reactions to the products when I had the time to see and examine them closely is they are truly world class works of ART. Tang I could not agree with you more.
Enjoy !
Elliot

Dont know about that. I have seen parts rejection for amp housing at Dartzeel factory and takes a LOUPE to see the imperfections that they reject panles for on a NHB458 and that $1000 BOM pat goes to the junk heap. I know I salvaged one as a souvenir!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing