Looking for compact EQ to pair w/ Topping TP22

steagle

Oct 9, 2017
I have a very compact vinyl setup with a Teac TN-300, Topping TP22 and Audioengine P4N's sitting on top of a small cabinet with essentially no extra surface area. I'm looking for a compact, dedicated hardware EQ that can sit on top of or below my Topping TP22. So basically a 4 to 5" wide box, which I have had no luck finding. The Samson S-Equalizer would have been perfect, but has been discontinued and isn't for sale secondhand anywhere. The closest modern device I've found so far is the Gemini MM1, which is not what I'm looking for as I don't need any DJ mixing capabilities, just a simple EQ. Ideally dual band so I can run my bluetooth adapter through it as well, but single input is fine too.

If this item simply does not exist, then I would consider a full size EQ that my turntable could sit on. But that would mean it would have to be at least 16.5" W x 13.5" x D. Most EQ's are of the standard rackmount size, so 19" x 11" or thereabouts. The only EQ I've found deeper than that is from the mystery brand Falcon (not Falcon Acoustics), their EQ215 is allegedly 13" D which MIGHT just cut it. Link here: https://www.amazon.com/FALCON-EQ215-Stereo-Graphic-Equalizer/dp/B00GTVD1AK/ - unfortunately, other websites have different dimensions for this thing, so I'm hesitant to buy it based on Amazon's info.

Any recommendations for this kind of setup would be most appreciated!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing