Confessions of an Audiophile Junky-I Got Center Stage With Pitch Perfect Sound

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
OEM by CMS, my logic drive to think it must be the same composite use in the platform of new TOL cms rack.

Tang

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
It isn't secret sauce Christian. Read Joe's white paper. Joe won't divulge anything because his patent is pending but he does give ideas in his White paper with metals used as long as you understand the First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics as that is what they are based upon :)

I will check out the white paper. Thanks !

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
Is the positioning of 4 footers critical? It seems that 7 days of settling is somehow related to the bonding between the bottom of the chassis of the equipment and the footers. Will the weight of equipment have a factor on the settling time?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Is the positioning of 4 footers critical? It seems that 7 days of settling is somehow related to the bonding between the bottom of the chassis of the equipment and the footers. Will the weight of equipment have a factor on the settling time?

all good questions and the exact answer is that the weight of the component on the foot has something to do with the breaking but it is the playing of music that does something to facilitate the break in

I position mine in the easiest spot closest to the component foot along an imaginary horizontal line between the feet and as it turned out all 4 of the feet lie just inside the component foot . Make sure that they don't touch the stock foot and make sure they don't sit on screws or wires under the component and most important never to remove the thin black paper on the top as it is paramount that it make complete contact with the underside of your component

Finally I have learned that the underside of all components is not always flat in the location that you want to insert the foot. If that is the case just move the Center Stage around in a close area until contact is achieved

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

My guess if I were to extrapolate my experience with the Filters systems would be yes. It takes about a week for Lamm Hybrid monos to settle, The CH M1 monos which are over twice the weight took two days.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Just a quick announcement as I am getting many orders already

The best way to order the Center is Directly through www.pitchperfectsound.com. Click on the "shop" tab and choose how many you want and of what size and put in all of your ship to information and use the check out cart.

Someone just ordered from a country abroad and must have used only PayPal. He used a company name but no name or address. The funds were reported to me by PayPal. I think I know who you are but if you read this please PM with ship to full name and address as well as the number and size you ordered

Also the demand has been so great that the first 200 have sold and I am awaiting the next 200 in 4 weeks. So if you're interested order via the method i outlined above and this gets you a place in the queue

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Having read the “white paper”, it does state that the devices need 7-10 days to break in. That apparently allows the gear that is being supported to gain maximum equilibrium.. ???
I’m not really following this logic, but then the same could be said for how the Harmonix footers work, and work they do!

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
My first thought, though somewhat naive in all likelihood, is that the break-in of the footers is similar to the effect of lying on a Tempur-pedic mattress where you gradually sink in due to the combination of weight and heat. This, in effect, will eventually maximize contact area and pressure distribution.

Lee

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
In my comments, when I am referring to believability, what I really mean is that the entire presentation sound is much more real and cohesive, leading me to be quite sure that it is helping virtually everything. It is just that the sound stage is the most tangible.

Thanks Russ.

The Pitch Perfect site looks good, read the white paper, I do believe that the best way to evaluate is trial and experience and if they sound right then the science is info of interest but truth in the listening is everything. Still surprised that the value of kinetic dispersal can run to 7 days but I am happier with the notion that there is much to learn still.

Will the materials and performance likely be reliable long term. Price point looks OK if it is working at the top end in performance as well. I assume given the CMS pedigree that this is all good as well.

Best of luck with it Steve and look forward to reading more of people's experience. Great resonance control is all good in my books. The more the merrier!
Tao

Reactions: ACHiPo

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I am known through the internet community as “oneobgyn” as in my former life I was an Obstetrician and Gynecologist for 35 years before retiring from active practice in 2007. I have been involved in high end audio throughout most of my adult life and, as a result, in 2010 I founded the very popular and rapidly growing high end audio forum called What’s Best Forum

A lifetime of hard work afforded me the opportunity to put together my dream system. You can see the detailed progression of my listening room on What’s Best Forum at Doctors Orders Part Two http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...Steve-Williams&p=191656&viewfull=1#post191656

Like most audiophiles, one of my final steps was finding a great audio rack. And, like most audiophiles I didn’t expect a significant improvement but I went for it nonetheless. I was happy to discover Joe Lavrencik and Critical Mass Systems. I found Joe to not only be bright and articulate but he was so enthused about his products that I decided to redo my entire system in stages with Joe’s CMS Black Diamond racks. Suffice it to say I was stunned by the major improvements in my sound system. Most noticeable was the significant reduction in my noise floor. Before using CMS racks I felt that I was listening from the rear of the orchestra but with my front and back end gear sitting on CMS Black Diamond racks I was transported to the first three rows of the orchestra.

In my mind it just couldn’t get any better than what I was hearing. You guessed it, I was wrong!

Joe and I became friends and in June of 2017 after the L.A. Audio Show, he spent a few days at my house. He told me about something new he felt was the best product he had ever designed. When asked what it was, he said a “foot” for under components and he asked if I wanted to try a few in my system. My first reaction was “oh no, not another foot”, but I agreed.

Before he left, a set of 4 feet went under my CD transport, my preamp, my phono stage and my amps. He warned me that there was a 7-10 day break in. Having owned and/or tried countless audio feet over the years I was very skeptical about everything.
Boy was I in for a shock. For the first 3 days my system sounded worse than terrible. Joe was now back in Chicago and I would call him every day for this first 3 days and tell him I wanted to remove the feet from my components because my system was unlistenable. Joe would say “be patient as the wait will be worth it.” The one thing I have learned about Joe is that when it comes to the design of high end audio racks he is a veritable genius and when he said to be patient, that is what I needed to do.

I am so thrilled that I took his advice. On day 4 my system suddenly had a very pleasant sound. On day 5 the top end of my system was spectacular. By days 6-7 there was such a dramatic change in my mid bass that it had me listening non stop as there was no glare and no fatigue. I was mesmerized.

It wasn’t until days 8-10 however that the true magic of Joe’s “foot” came to life. The deep bass was truly the best I had ever heard in my system and the total integration of the sound literally “snapped into place”. In fact, there was such a profound improvement in the mid bass and deep bass in my speakers that I could turn down the crossover on my JL Audio Fathom subwoofers to the lowest point without any loss of foundation, pace or slam. We all know the acronym PRAT but honestly, I never appreciated pace, rhythm and timing as much as I did with these feet in place.

But there was more! I was not ready for what I heard. Joe, as an audio rack designer for the past 17 years has been working on removing the “wall” at the front plane of the loudspeakers that separates the listener from the musicians. His idea was to lower the noise floor so that the recorded acoustic already found in each song filled the room and immersed the listener in the sound field. This is exactly what I began to hear in my room. Music that I use often for demos had the sound field extending from behind the speakers (as always),and then forward into the room as if there were no speakers there at all. I have never experienced such an audio accomplishment as this in all the years I have been involved in this hobby. On some tracks the sound came so far forward that it seemed to wrap around my head. I became totally immersed in the sound field.

I phoned Joe on day 10 and told him that he was going to have to shoot me to get the feet back because in my mind they were such a dramatic improvement I just couldn’t be without them. I had several further talks with Joe about the product as I felt it was far ahead of anything available today. I convinced Joe that it was important for the every listener to hear and own this product. In fact, I was so excited about this product that I licensed retail distribution from Joe to do that very thing and I now find myself the global distributor for what I call Center Stage. I started a new company for this product and aptly decided to call it “Pitch Perfect Sound”. My new website for Center Stage can be found here www.pitchperfectsound.com

I have a very appropriate tag line as a result, “Get Center Stage with Pitch Perfect Sound”. Appropriate, because this is exactly what the product does.
Having lived with these feet in my system since June of this year I find it totally impossible to listen to my system when they are removed. The sound stage totally collapses into the traditional “listener” / “wall” / “music behind the wall”, old boring way of listening. Music should be an experience, not a song!

Before this product was released I sent many to friends just to make sure the effect was consistent in their systems. They refused to remove them. In fact, they ended up buying them.

Joe continues to OEM the product to manufacturers and he has already had a thousand preorders.

People ask, “how do they work” and included in this website is Joe’s White Paper on the product. He says they act like a catalyst in an energy reaction that changes the equilibrium inside the component. Actually, they reduce thermodynamic entropy which occurs naturally inside the component and, of course, they reduce vibration.

The sonic effect is simply staggering. There is no coloration and definitely no fatigue. The best way I can describe these feet in my system is by offering a comparison. Without the feet I compare my system to a 16 x 9 1080p picture which everyone knows. With the feet, this same 16 x 9 palette becomes a 4K picture with life-like detail and a thrilling “surround sound” component that makes me feel like I’m really there. I become transported from the first three rows in the orchestra to sitting “Center Stage”. Because of this mesmerizing, realistic sonic effect I decided to call the product “Center Stage”. I believe Center Stage is the best product Joe has ever brought to market. Center Stage creates a holographic image in your room that will leave you gasping as you become totally immersed in sound as it moves forward from that imaginary “wall” at the front of one’s speakers.
“I was now transported from those first three rows in the orchestra to sitting “Center Stage”
“Welcome to the magic of center stage”

Welcome to the magic of Center Stage. An American made product by Critical Mass Systems. You don’t have to be a CMS rack owner to hear the effect of sitting Center Stage. It doesn’t matter what your components are sitting on. The overall change is always heard.

There are two versions available. The regular size is 13/16? tall and is recommended for all front end components under 100 pounds. The tall version is 1? high and the shorter version 13/16? . Both are sonically identical and priced the same. The tall size is recommended for use under all amplifiers regardless of the amplifier weight as well as under front end components weighing over 100 pounds.

It is recommended that four feet be used under each component rather than three as the product is voiced best with four feet per component. Both regular size and tall versions sell for $300 USD per foot. Further information about Center Stage can be found in Joe’s White Paper here. http://pitchperfectsound.com/joe-white-paper/

View attachment 35741

Here is my first full page ad in the November issue of TAS

View attachment 35742

The response to this product before it has even been released has been simply amazing, so much so I put up another full page ad in the December issue of TAS

View attachment 35743

So these are the confessions of an audiophile junky and what it took to get me out of 10 years of retirement. This product should be evaluated in every system because the sonic change will simply astound you. I can honestly say that Joe has IMO created a whole new listening experience and I guaranty that you will be immersed in the sound.

Cool new venture Steve. The white paper was kind of vague on what the mechanism of action is. Are there moving parts which is part of the 7 days to settle?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Just a quick announcement as I am getting many orders already

The best way to order the Center is Directly through www.pitchperfectsound.com. Click on the "shop" tab and choose how many you want and of what size and put in all of your ship to information and use the check out cart.

Someone just ordered from a country abroad and must have used only PayPal. He used a company name but no name or address. The funds were reported to me by PayPal. I think I know who you are but if you read this please PM with ship to full name and address as well as the number and size you ordered

Also the demand has been so great that the first 200 have sold and I am awaiting the next 200 in 4 weeks. So if you're interested order via the method i outlined above and this gets you a place in the queue

Wow that's excellent takeoff. Congrats on the venture

jeromelang

Dec 26, 2011
Effective vibration elimination via isolation and resultant soundstaging moving forward to envelop listener are usually contradictory.
Certain metals are known to induce nearby audio components to reproduce more bass.
Can these metals get "magnetised" by surrounding magnetic fields? Maybe.
Can magnetised metal change their properties over time? You bet!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Just a thought.
Is it good to be in the stage rather than observing it?
This is not how one hears live music.
Does one truly wish to be "in" the orchestra?
I'm not sure I do.
Steve, no criticism intended, I would be curious to hear this effect.

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
Just a thought.
Is it good to be in the stage rather than observing it?
This is not how one hears live music.
Does one truly wish to be "in" the orchestra?
I'm not sure I do.
Steve, no criticism intended, I would be curious to hear this effect.
It is the difference between listening to a system and listening to music without sitting in you listening room. If you seek some escapism, this is the tool.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Well, of all my changes, only construction of my room has attempted to remove the the room LOL (a contradiction in terms of ever there was one).
If these footers can try and do the same, I'm impressed.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing