Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 216162636465666768697071

Thread: Confessions of an Audiophile Junky-I Got Center Stage With Pitch Perfect Sound

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyF View Post
    Interesting report, Steve.
    I wonder if heat has anything to do with the results. Usually a large tube amp or ss amp gives off far more heat than a preamp...even a large and heavy one like you mentioned. Perhaps heat has to do with the immediate settling process that you report with the larger footer under the amps?
    That's an interesting thought Davey as these feet do work according to the Second Law of Thermodynamics but I thought it important to report to members this observation because, for my system and my ears there was minimal if any sonic degradation other than a few hours in the deep bass when I removed the 1.0's from under my amp and power supplies
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    USA Dealer/Distributor of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    That's an interesting thought Davey as these feet do work according to the Second Law of Thermodynamics but I thought it important to report to members this observation because, for my system and my ears there was minimal if any sonic degradation other than a few hours in the deep bass when I removed the 1.0's from under my amp and power supplies
    The Second Law of Thermodynamics is related to entropy and non-reversible processes, not directly to heat.

I have mixed feelings about the "lasting" of the Center Stage effect after removing the footers. Probably after I get the 1.5's I will be able to free some footers to carry a few experiences using the same electronics - Quad 606 stereo amplifiers - one with footers, the other as a reference.
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, SoundLab A1 Px, Forsell Air Force One, ARC Phono 2SE, Lamm ML1.2 Ref, Lamm L2ref, TA OPUS MM2 IC's and sp, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

I’m not so certain about any lasting effect. I certainly did not imply that. The only thing I can say is if you take set out from under a component and listen to a song and then replace the set there is still degradation but I have found the settle time to be greatly diminished.
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    USA Dealer/Distributor of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    I’m not so certain about any lasting effect. I certainly did not imply that. The only thing I can say is if you take set out from under a component and listen to a song and then replace the set there is still degradation but I have found the settle time to be greatly diminished.
    You say there is a degradation in sound for some time until the feet have settled in, but what about sound improvements when replacing the CS 1.0 feet with the new CS 1.5 feet under the power amps and the power supplies?

Would you say that the CS 1.5 feet are better than the CS 1.0 feet in this case, once they have settled in for a couple of days?

Quote Originally Posted by StefanT View Post
    You say there is a degradation in sound for some time until the feet have settled in, but what about sound improvements when replacing the CS 1.0 feet with the new CS 1.5 feet under the power amps and the power supplies?

Would you say that the CS 1.5 feet are better than the CS 1.0 feet in this case, once they have settled in for a couple of days?
    Hi Stefan

I only have experience using the CS 1.5's under my amp and power supplies (that for which they were designed) Having said that the performance is indeed better especially in the deep bass as well as the overall believability of the sound stage for a "you are there" experience".

The 1.5 is much bigger and much heavier than the 1.0 and 0.8 and when used for that which it was designed, the 1.5 IMO is indeed a better device. Bear in mind that they were designed for large Class A solid state amps and tube amps that are located between the speakers and thus susceptible to airborne vibrations as well as allowing for adequate ventilation of the component.
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Hi,

I have now had a set of CS 1.0 and 1.5 feet playing in my system about 8 to 10 hours every day for 15 days. The CS 1.0 feet were installed under my DAC and the CS 1.5 feet under my rather heavy tube preamp.

Here are some short listening impressions after about 2 weeks of use (in bullet form). I won't go into details about the degradation and successive improvements I had during the break-in time (this has been described by others in this thread already):

- Soundstage: larger in all dimensions, as well as being more open and detailed with improved clarity, precision and focus
    - Lower noise floor (blacker background) with greater dynamic contrasts
    - Increased resolution - improved low level detailing
    - Improved focus and precision on individual voices and instruments, but yet a cohesive smooth and inviting overall sound
    - Improved bass with better clarity, definition and percieved depth

All these improvements can for me be summarized in greater listening enjoyment and I believe that I have come closer to the music!

To say that I'm impressed is almost an understatement. I simply wasn't prepared to get these kind of improvements by installing some new feet in my system. Although, I have read the reports from many other happy users in this thread

I'm now very curious about what improvements a set of CS 1.5 feet would bring under my heavy power amplifier? When funds allow, I hope this might be my next investment in my audio system.

A big thanks to Joe and Steve for bringing these outstanding feet to the market.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by StefanT View Post
    Hi,

I have now had a set of CS 1.0 and 1.5 feet playing in my system about 8 to 10 hours every day for 15 days. The CS 1.0 feet were installed under my DAC and the CS 1.5 feet under my rather heavy tube preamp.

Here are some short listening impressions after about 2 weeks of use (in bullet form). I won't go into details about the degradation and successive improvements I had during the break-in time (this has been described by others in this thread already):

- Soundstage: larger in all dimensions, as well as being more open and detailed with improved clarity, precision and focus
    - Lower noise floor (blacker background) with greater dynamic contrasts
    - Increased resolution - improved low level detailing
    - Improved focus and precision on individual voices and instruments, but yet a cohesive smooth and inviting overall sound
    - Improved bass with better clarity, definition and percieved depth

All these improvements can for me be summarized in greater listening enjoyment and I believe that I have come closer to the music!

To say that I'm impressed is almost an understatement. I simply wasn't prepared to get these kind of improvements by installing some new feet in my system. Although, I have read the reports from many other happy users in this thread

I'm now very curious about what improvements a set of CS 1.5 feet would bring under my heavy power amplifier? When funds allow, I hope this might be my next investment in my audio system.

A big thanks to Joe and Steve for bringing these outstanding feet to the market.

Stefan
    Hi Stefan and thanks for your feedback especially regarding the use of your CS 1.5 under your preamp. Joe and I have been getting plenty of feedback from users of the 1.5 under everything but their large class A SS amps as well as tube amps during between the speakers. There has been to date 100% positive feedback on the efficacy of these feet used under any of ones components. We feel quite confidant now in stating that those who want to experience an overall sonic improvement, the CS 1.5 used under any and all of your equipment will definitely bring your system to a whole new level.

I remain uncertain as to the settle in time as I found under my amps and their power supplies the settle in was a matter of hours whereas those using them under front end components are experiencing the standard settle in

The 0.8 and 1.0 remain phenomenal devices. The use of the 1.5 however augments that experience
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 216162636465666768697071