Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748

Thread: Confessions of an Audiophile Junky-I Got Center Stage With Pitch Perfect Sound

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by rockitman View Post
    Gradual improvement isn't akin to getting used to the new sound is it ?
    In most cases yes, however in this case Christian it's pretty simple by doing the A-B-A test. Once they come out you will know

Francisco seems resistant to taking them out
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    International Distributor of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    (...) Francisco seems resistant to taking them out
    I am now in the burn-in phase of the second set, this time under the DCS Vivaldi - I do not want to do anything that could compromise my evaluation of this set.

When I get more I will play more freely with them - until now I could only find positive aspects, I must look also for the negative ones!
    Under construction around a pair of Wilson XLF's , Forsell Air Force One, ARC Phono 2SE and a DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack : cj GAT + cj LP275m's, TA OPUS MM2 +TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables ...

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    As I have written the second set of Center Stage feet was put at service last weekend under the Vivaldi DAC. Last Monday I listened a to a few recordings and it seemed to me the system had a nice improvement - more space around performers and more energy and presence. However, I was busy and I postponed writing about it to next day. However, the next two days the evolution was really negative - it become harsh, violent sound, really tiring. Peter Schreier was shouting not singing. Detail and bass was too etched, I decided to postpone writing about again...

However today the system is brilliant - decays are superb, voices are present but well articulated and full bodied, percussion is fabulous, sometimes clearly remembering me the ultra fine very fast transient performance of the Soundlab's, and yes, plenty of what people have described as center stage - the performers invade my room.

I was listening to Reference Recordings Stravinsky "Ebony Concerto" and other nice pieces for clarinet - the instrument was simply fabulous, more natural than ever. My only concern is very deep bass and stage depth - but I am not sure if it is related to the recent short stay of the Constellation Centaur II + Virgo III or to the Center Stage feet still burning-in ...
    Under construction around a pair of Wilson XLF's , Forsell Air Force One, ARC Phono 2SE and a DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack : cj GAT + cj LP275m's, TA OPUS MM2 +TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables ...

[Industry Expert] Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    As I have written the second set of Center Stage feet was put at service last weekend under the Vivaldi DAC. Last Monday I listened a to a few recordings and it seemed to me the system had a nice improvement - more space around performers and more energy and presence. However, I was busy and I postponed writing about it to next day. However, the next two days the evolution was really negative - it become harsh, violent sound, really tiring. Peter Schreier was shouting not singing. Detail and bass was too etched, I decided to postpone writing about again...

However today the system is brilliant - decays are superb, voices are present but well articulated and full bodied, percussion is fabulous, sometimes clearly remembering me the ultra fine very fast transient performance of the Soundlab's, and yes, plenty of what people have described as center stage - the performers invade my room.

I was listening to Reference Recordings Stravinsky "Ebony Concerto" and other nice pieces for clarinet - the instrument was simply fabulous, more natural than ever. My only concern is very deep bass and stage depth - but I am not sure if it is related to the recent short stay of the Constellation Centaur II + Virgo III or to the Center Stage feet still burning-in ...
    Hi Microstrip

I've heard the very same sound stage depth and deep bass issues you are hearing now. Please be patient. This will come. Promise.

All the Best,

Joe
    Joseph Lavrencik
    President,
    Critical Mass Systems
    www.criticalmasssystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post

And, thank you very much for hanging in there with CS......
    Joseph Lavrencik
    President,
    Critical Mass Systems

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course

Just a brief update for all who have been patiently awaiting delivery of their CS feet and tall those who expressed interest in demoing a set of these in their system I will have adequate supply in the next few days and I would just ask that you contact me by PM or email.

This supply of CS feet should catch us up on all the backorders as well as having sufficient product to send out demos.So to all those interested, this is a good time to contact me and to those who have waited patiently I want to thank you for that. I am hoping you will find the wait well worth it
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    International Distributor of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    Just a brief update for all who have been patiently awaiting delivery of their CS feet and tall those who expressed interest in demoing a set of these in their system I will have adequate supply in the next few days and I would just ask that you contact me by PM or email.

This supply of CS feet should catch us up on all the backorders as well as having sufficient product to send out demos.So to all those interested, this is a good time to contact me and to those who have waited patiently I want to thank you for that. I am hoping you will find the wait well worth it
    The initial delay in Center Stage availability was due to time-sensitive OEM demand bumping up against retail production. Critical Mass Systems apologizes for this. We’ve added CNC capacity so that OEM and retail availability will not be an issue going forward. Sorry again, for the initial delay.

For those who might be interested, the link below speaks to the core principle of all CMS products, that being to faithfully communicate the engineering of the components that rest upon our support systems. The link is not an endorsement of any product or Brand, rather, it lays the groundwork for an important truth about Center Stage. Whereas OLYMPUS represents an evolutionary advancement of the engineering approach we employ in our support systems including MAXXUM, Center Stage is a breakthrough product that represents (what I consider to be) the most important advancement in thermodynamics we’ve developed in 17 years. The coverage of the Potomac room beginning at the bottom of the page is explanatory of CMS’s core principle. Additional coverage of the room is available on the web.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/Capital...aver/page3.htm
    Joseph Lavrencik
    President,
    Critical Mass Systems

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748