Vinyl absolutly to buy

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Tomorrow i will post my old reference records
Not the usually that all can find but some old that probably a lot doesn't know and some is possible to buy

Gian,

This Anne Bisson new direct to disc is very good. If you cant get them just let me know.

IMG_3127.JPG

Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I am pretty disappointed at this tape. So let me blow out some steam. It's not even as good as the same album in vinyl.

15074691087152005623780.jpg

Tang

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I am pretty disappointed at this tape. So let me blow out some steam. It's not even as good as the same album in vinyl.

Tang

Dear Tang,

I have a few stinkers too (still sitting on my shelf) that did not make the 'at least as good or better than my vinyl' cut. one or two i paid a fairly pretty penny for. sometimes based on previous feedback about a tape title this comes as a significant surprise. but I think it's the nature of tape and references to the makers. how many of them have the right tools to even know how the vinyl might compare. in this case, also pressing the vinyl from the same source as the tape you would expect that they would know.

I did hear that tape at RMAF and it sounded ok, but never heard the Lp. and the RTR deck I heard it on was good, but not 'uber'. my RTR is also 'uber' and should give me all that the tape might have to give.

it's part of the equation of owning 'uber' vinyl playback. only the better/best tapes are then worth acquiring. and it also means that........you passed the test.;)

best regards,

Mike

Last edited:

hifitommy

ok, it may have been intentional to put the pics of some of the selections sideways and upside down but i don't find it amusing. if yo can figure out how to put the pics in the post, you can make it be in correct orientation.

now that's off my chest, i can recommend a must buy LP-the new remix of sgt pepper's. it is a TRUE IMPROVEMENT over most others imnsho. whether or not you find it to be the very best you've heard, it will fall within the top two.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Here a very very small list of my reference record for trial,beyond the usually,APO,OMR,CR,ECC ECC

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing