Yet another groundbox, but this Setchi is quite special

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Please read a little better. I did not call any person a fraud.

I read it very carefully!

You posted this below to a question that Emile had answered. Emile had answered the questions and you said "their response". Who exactly were you referring to if not Emile?

If the product is good, they would keep making them and even make improvements to the product. Their response of "economically unviable" is a deceptive way of saying the product is a fraud. I wish they were more honest.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Would you kind enough to give us a better answer ? Many people have liked the product. A block of wood with a cut out for a circuit and battery does not seem to warrant an acute economic burden.

We have larger and costlier CNC machines with more advanced air filtration systems, higher maintenance and personnel cost. The economics on it no longer work.

We may also at some point in the near future either discontinue our Daiza platforms or restrict them to owners of our servers for the same reasons.

BigAlMc

Jun 20, 2020
At the risk of asking a dumb question, is raising the price to reflect the new economics not an option?

Or is it more a case of wanting to focus on the Extreme?

Cheers,
Alan

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Would you kind enough to give us a better answer ? Many people have liked the product. A block of wood with a cut out for a circuit and battery does not seem to warrant an acute economic burden.

Honestly Tarquineuus, why do you think that ANY manufacturer owes ANY explanation on a business decision to a non-customer on a public forum, especially the way you asked your question?

I'm not speaking for Emile, he was kind enough to answer your question. If it was me and my company that you slandered as you did, I would have pushed harder to have you evicted from the forum.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
There are countless manufacturers who discontinue a product because it is not economically feasible to continue making it let alone supported.

I don’t feel Emile is saying anything in a deceptive fashion. To me it’s quite simple.....Emile’s goal and long term plan is to produce the very best server in the marketplace. To mill those large pieces for his server makes those CNC machines work overtime which thus precludes his ability or desire to make these other products.

Lets move on Tarquineous as the question has been asked and answered.

BigAlMc

Jun 20, 2020
Reactions: Taiko Audio

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing