Yet another groundbox, but this Setchi is quite special

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
My preamp (Doshi) has a separate power supply, connected with an umbilical and an XLR cable. What would be the best way to connect a Setchi grounding box to the preamp?

dminches

Oct 22, 2011

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Reactions: advanced101

tarquineous

Jun 25, 2011
You can connect it to any unused socket. For example to a spdif in or output, or the analogue rca output if you use your dac’s balanced outputs, or to the XLR connector if you use it the other way around.

Typically they ship within a week.

As every system can sound completely different even with the same components I would go for personal preference. If you had to exchange a system component right now, would you exchange it for one with a higher apparent resolution (silver/gold) or a fuller/darker sounding one (copper). As most people end up buying more then one there’s also the option to mix & match.

Not trying to be offensive, but please don't use the word "then" instead of than. It does not sound right.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Not trying to be offensive, but please don't use the word "then" instead of than. It does not sound right.

Not to be offensive, tarquineous, but to comment on typos on the forum is offensive, imho.

Last edited:

BigAlMc

Jun 20, 2020
Hi @Taiko Audio ,

I read this thread and some comments from people saying the Setchi D2 made a significant impact on their Zenith SE's. So I was about to order one but it looks like you've discontinued these. Is that correct?

Assuming they are discontinued do you mind if I ask why you stopped making them?

Cheers,
Alan

tarquineous

Jun 25, 2011
I just added the Synergistic Research Active Ground Block. Surprised how much better it is over the passive ground block they sell which I also liked.

Grounding is very important.

Since we are talking DACs, add a Synergistic Tranquility Base under your Lampi. Makes a big difference. I put one under my PS Audio DirectStream DAC and clarity improved a surprising amount.

I have two of the Tranquility bases. They do make an improvement on most equipment. Even power conditioners. A different animal than the ground absorbers/enhancers. Both are very useful, but try many connections. Some configurations make a big difference (for the better), and some hardly make any difference. I takes some work!

BigAlMc

Jun 20, 2020
Hi Emile,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I guess I'll see if I can pick up a pre-loved one.

Cheers,
Alan

Reactions: Taiko Audio

tarquineous

Jun 25, 2011
Hi Emile,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I guess I'll see if I can pick up a pre-loved one.

Cheers,
Alan

If the product is good, they would keep making them and even make improvements to the product. Their response of "economically unviable" is a deceptive way of saying the product is a fraud. I wish they were more honest.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
If the product is good, they would keep making them and even make improvements to the product. Their response of "economically unviable" is a deceptive way of saying the product is a fraud. I wish they were more honest.

I have three Setchis and they work great!!! Instantly noticeable when inserted or taken out from a component. I am sure other actual users will verify this as that was how I found out about the product, from several other happy users.

Tarquineous- I would be careful about your words unless you have proof of such a claim.

Moderator, I would suggest removing Tarquineous from the forum or giving him a warning. Comments like these with zero proof about a company or an individual can be damaging.

Reactions: BigAlMc

tarquineous

Jun 25, 2011
I was considering the purchase of one of these Setchis. When a manufacturer ducks out and stops support of his product, it makes me wonder why. A poor generalized reason does not help at all. A better explanation is deserving to us.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I was considering the purchase of one of these Setchis. When a manufacturer ducks out and stops support of his product, it makes me wonder why. A poor generalized reason does not help at all. A better explanation is deserving to us.

If you stated your question in a decent manner like this it would be totally fine and you probably would have received a more detailed answer.

Calling someone a fraud without physical proof is called slander and is punishable in a court of law.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011

Where did Emile say he wasn’t supporting the product? He didn’t. He said he wasn’t making any more.

If you are going to call someone a fraud you should at least have your facts straight and some real proof.

tarquineous

Jun 25, 2011
Hello Alan,

They have become economically unviable.

Would you kind enough to give us a better answer ? Many people have liked the product. A block of wood with a cut out for a circuit and battery does not seem to warrant an acute economic burden.

tarquineous

Jun 25, 2011
Where did Emile say he wasn’t supporting the product? He didn’t. He said he wasn’t making any more.

If you are going to call someone a fraud you should at least have your facts straight and some real proof.

Dropping the product is not very supporting of the product. That is what I meant. I'm sure he would repair them if needed, or give advise to a purchaser.

BigAlMc

Jun 20, 2020
I'm potentially interested in a D2 and a bit disappointed that Taiko have discontinued them.

But at the end of the day Taiko have the right to focus on the products they wish to offer and I'm happy to respect that.

Any business owner has the right to decide what direction to pursue.

tarquineous

Jun 25, 2011
If you stated your question in a decent manner like this it would be totally fine and you probably would have received a more detailed answer.

Calling someone a fraud without physical proof is called slander and is punishable in a court of law.

Please read a little better. I did not call any person a fraud.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing