Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Yet another groundbox, but this Setchi is quite special

Yes, exactly.
    And I’m listening mainly from streaming, so most of the music music is not sent directly from the Mini (just used as Roon core in this case).

The only way to know if it works is test it blind folded. Record the test on video and post the results up. I doubt the manufacturers of this device would be able to hear any difference.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    I have bought A2 and D2 from local dealer. First, I plug A2 to my preamp. I don’t hear any difference. I then put D2 to my DAC. This time, I hear difference. It makes the sound more relaxed and more smoothing. I am very happy with what D2 did to my DAC. I guess D2 did clean up the noise inside the DAC. Very worthwhile investment. I am thinking to try D2 on the router.

Quote Originally Posted by adyc View Post
    I have bought A2 and D2 from local dealer. First, I plug A2 to my preamp. I don’t hear any difference. I then put D2 to my DAC. This time, I hear difference. It makes the sound more relaxed and more smoothing. I am very happy with what D2 did to my DAC. I guess D2 did clean up the noise inside the DAC. Very worthwhile investment. I am thinking to try D2 on the router.
    Please try the D2 on your preamp too.

In fact my personal preference is D2, no matter for digital or analog components.
    ARC 40 Anniv preamp, MC2 S1400 monoblocks, Magico S5 speaker, CAS with MSB Platinum IV Plus dac, MSB UMT Plus & Signature Transport Powerbase, Furman isolation transformer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yucca View Post
    Yes, exactly.
    And I’m listening mainly from streaming, so most of the music music is not sent directly from the Mini (just used as Roon core in this case).
    Maybe your Waversa hub is extremely good at blocking noise, it would be interesting to see what the Setchi does connecting to the Waversa!

Quote Originally Posted by CKKeung View Post
    Please try the D2 on your preamp too.

In fact my personal preference is D2, no matter for digital or analog components.
    The D2 targets high frequency noise to a much greater degree (higher bandwidth) then the A2, it can absolutely do better on both digital AND analogue as mimicks your experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Taiko Audio View Post
    Maybe your Waversa hub is extremely good at blocking noise, it would be interesting to see what the Setchi does connecting to the Waversa!
    I could try it, but there’s totally separate circuits between ethernet and usb in the Waversa (2 batterys for each). So I’m not sure to get benefits from an D2 with usb connector ?
    I can use an ethernet to usb female adapter though...would it worth the try ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yucca View Post
    I could try it, but there’s totally separate circuits between ethernet and usb in the Waversa (2 batterys for each). So I’m not sure to get benefits from an D2 with usb connector ?
    I can use an ethernet to usb female adapter though...would it worth the try ?
    Actually if the hub section is battery powered and truly floating, I dont think it will have any effect on either. Very interesting, I think I may need to get one!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789