Yet another groundbox, but this Setchi is quite special

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
Just trying to be up front and honest ;-)

I just read the following on that link:

Fascinating audio is, isn't it. Full of ____, err, I mean jewels like this

We have all read descriptions of Audiophile equipment that has us rolling our eye balls. Over the past year we have had sonic results that have us rolling our eyeballs, and so the problem how to disclose these results without appearing to be crazy and to give possible explanations

Many of us have all heard the sonic signature difference between copper IC’s and silver IC’s. Some of us have heard the sonic signature differences of IEC’s with electrical contacts of different materials. In these cases, it’s not hard to postulate a reasonable mechanism that explains the observable effect.

In the case of a Setchi directly connected to a ground plane, this metal typical sound signature signature imprint phenomenon is not too much of a stretch of what we observe and hear with IC’s and power cords except that it develops over a period of days !

Then we have to say we are stumped, what is the mechanism that causes this to occur over a number of days ? ?

From an Audiophile, a trained engineer by profession, with decades of high end Audio experience and extremely good ears, we have received a report of this metal sonic signature migration that takes place over a similar time period, except there is no electrical connection between what he is using (not a Setchi) and his gear ! !

There is strange sh ### t going on

It makes this field, pun intended, all the more enjoyable and exciting

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
Which setchi would be compatible for connecting to my field coil driver plate?

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
I have not finished my room yet so cat take picture for the moment. But my speaker is Cessaro Qianlong with 2 fieldcoil driver. 1 full range and 1 bass. Apparently grounding the driver with grounding box like Tripoint would make a difference so i was wondering the same for Setchi. Sorry i dont get what you mean by frequency my fielcoil driver operating in? Is this frequency range of the driver? If it is then its 30-27k hz.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Saw those at the AE Show.
Drop dead gorgeous, v envious.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
The A1 or A2 would work best there, we’d need to investigate the best position for optimal coupling to the vibration signature of the fied coil drivers. We’d love to work with you too see which results we could get from this particular application. We have not tried this before. However one the strongest benefits we are getting from them are on powered subwoofers!

Yucca

Nov 19, 2017
France
I also have 2 powered subwoofers, with spare rca inputs (I’m using xlr)...this hobby is quite pricey :p ;)

Yucca

Nov 19, 2017
France
...I get my D2 today (ordered 3 days ago), great service !

Just connected to my Dac, so I can’t say anything yet about sound.

édit : maybe a stupid question, but to try on different devices, can I use an usb A to B adapter with same results ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Thuan

Iamrael

Nov 3, 2017
Hi Yucca,

Yes you can use an adapter, it would be slightly noticable but it’s in the 2-3% range, not enough to worry about!

Does the negative impact apply to any adapters used, or just the USB adapter?

Last edited:

Iamrael

Nov 3, 2017
I was looking at the optional terminations offered on your website for D2 and I didn't see BNC choice. Do I need to use an RCA to BNC adapter to use on my DAC, or can I just plug it into one of the analog outs (RCA)?

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
For BNC we do actually recommend a rca to bnc adapter because their crimp terminations make for a rather bad connection for non coaxial pure copper wire, especially over time. We can supply those, if you want to use BNC you can order a RCA version and enter a request for the adapter in the comment field. Ofcourse you can attach a Setchi to a RCA output, but if thats an analogue output I would recommend using an “A” version (Analogue). If you can use a digital (D) version the effect is usually bigger as digital is often much more sensitive.

Yucca

Nov 19, 2017
France
...I tried the D2 on my Mac Mini (used to send signal to my router through ethernet, then from the router to my Waversa hub, then again to my ethernet Dac), and on my directstream Junior.

I felt no effect on my Mini (?), but added clarity and sensation of space on the Dac. It’s quite nice, but I have to hear some more music to be sure. The odd thing is that I connected the D2 to the update usb input from the Dac, which is not really an audio input/output...so I thought not to get anything from this. I’ll get tomorrow the usb A to B adapter to plug the D2 in the usb input of the Dac, so I’ll see if there is any difference between both.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing