A nice feature on UHA and BR-20 tape decks

panreels

Aug 28, 2016
If you have a Tascam BR-20 or UHA tape deck here"s is a trick that these decks are able to do, if you have The Tape project tapes or any other tape that you store tails out, before you rewind the tape to play reset the counter to “0” wind the tape to the start of the first track (song) and note the numbers on the counter readout, and write them down, now next time you want to play the tape and before you rewind set the counter to “0” then enter the numbers you wrote down, then select Meno1 and then push Loc1 the tape will wind to the first tack ready to play, to me this better than watching for the white leader that Tape project uses or tape to wind off the reel, this is one of the nice feature the BR-20, UHA tape decks have and most other tape decks don’t have, also you can use this to locate a song or track on a reel of tape, now I’m sure some of you already know about this feature, but for those of you who didn’t give it a try and let me know what you think, for more detailed information on how to program these tape decks consult the owner manual.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
If you have a Tascam BR-20 or UHA tape deck here"s is a trick that these decks are able to do, if you have The Tape project tapes or any other tape that you store tails out, before you rewind the tape to play reset the counter to “0” wind the tape to the start of the first track (song) and note the numbers on the counter readout, and write them down, now next time you want to play the tape and before you rewind set the counter to “0” then enter the numbers you wrote down, then select Meno1 and then push Loc1 the tape will wind to the first tack ready to play, to me this better than watching for the white leader that Tape project uses or tape to wind off the reel, this is one of the nice feature the BR-20, UHA tape decks have and most other tape decks don’t have, also you can use this to locate a song or track on a reel of tape, now I’m sure some of you already know about this feature, but for those of you who didn’t give it a try and let me know what you think, for more detailed information on how to program these tape decks consult the owner manual.

Cool. Thnx

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Thanks. Very nice feature. Wished my R2R had it. Larry

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing