Thread: A nice feature on UHA and BR-20 tape decks

A nice feature on UHA and BR-20 tape decks

If you have a Tascam BR-20 or UHA tape deck here"s is a trick that these decks are able to do, if you have The Tape project tapes or any other tape that you store tails out, before you rewind the tape to play reset the counter to ď0Ē wind the tape to the start of the first track (song) and note the numbers on the counter readout, and write them down, now next time you want to play the tape and before you rewind set the counter to ď0Ē then enter the numbers you wrote down, then select Meno1 and then push Loc1 the tape will wind to the first tack ready to play, to me this better than watching for the white leader that Tape project uses or tape to wind off the reel, this is one of the nice feature the BR-20, UHA tape decks have and most other tape decks donít have, also you can use this to locate a song or track on a reel of tape, now Iím sure some of you already know about this feature, but for those of you who didnít give it a try and let me know what you think, for more detailed information on how to program these tape decks consult the owner manual.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by panreels View Post
    If you have a Tascam BR-20 or UHA tape deck here"s is a trick that these decks are able to do, if you have The Tape project tapes or any other tape that you store tails out, before you rewind the tape to play reset the counter to “0” wind the tape to the start of the first track (song) and note the numbers on the counter readout, and write them down, now next time you want to play the tape and before you rewind set the counter to “0” then enter the numbers you wrote down, then select Meno1 and then push Loc1 the tape will wind to the first tack ready to play, to me this better than watching for the white leader that Tape project uses or tape to wind off the reel, this is one of the nice feature the BR-20, UHA tape decks have and most other tape decks don’t have, also you can use this to locate a song or track on a reel of tape, now I’m sure some of you already know about this feature, but for those of you who didn’t give it a try and let me know what you think, for more detailed information on how to program these tape decks consult the owner manual.
    Cool. Thnx
    Christian

System Gear

Here is a youtube video that explains it much better than I did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsZFU2leAAI

Thanks. Very nice feature. Wished my R2R had it. Larry
    Analog-VPI Classic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeromono,BHPhonoP re,2xAmpexATR102+Doshi3.0
    Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacMicroModel2
    Dig Play-MergingNADAC mch,HQP/Emotion,Oppo95
    Electronics-HerronVTSP3APre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps
    Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
    Other-ArtKelmGround1IsoTrans,AudioDiskeVinylCleaner,AirT ightRecordFlattener
    Scott Rust Interconnects,Switch,Power Supply
    Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs ,50TBripped files