Your Blu-ray Collection!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I thought it would be fun and interesting for those who are into Blu-ray to post their collections, and post any new additions they have made, want to make, suggest or are curious about.

My own collection (see here) consists of 152 titles, with a very heavy emphasis on Concert BD's. I'd like to see that change by the end of the year , and I've decided that I want to increase my WAR collection and also pick up some of the great foreign-language films (with sub-titles...no dubbing for me, thank you very much) that have been critically acclaimed. And although I am not a huge animation fan, there are titles that I think need to belong in any Blu-ray collectors library.

A large part of my library has come about through discussion with other collectors, and I find this has been most satisfying since I wouldn't otherwise have thought to consider a certain title. I may have the odd "dog" (Blackbeard comes to mind), but overall I am very happy with my choices so far.

Looking forward to discussing, opining, recommending, warning, but mostly enjoying what others have to say.:)

John

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
John

from one of your posts yesterday I have set my sites on Pink Floyd "The Wall" which you said has been remastered.

I'm really hoping that comes to fruition in 2011 Steve. All the work is done, just no release date.

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
Too many to count, John, but no concerts!:eek:

(Sort of) recent and (not already) recommended:

Charade - Criterion did a fine job
Stagecoach - ditto
White Christmas
Metropolis
Forbidden Planet (finally on BD!)
World at War (cropped, though...)
Victory at Sea (great PQ and fixed the ^&#*&^#!! variable volume issue from the DVD)
Sound of Music (awesome beyond belief)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'd love to get some Criterions, but have yet because of their pricing. I will definitely pick up Metropolis and need to pick up one of my all-time faves...Apocolypse Now. I haven't as there was in issue with the inserts coming out of Canada (they didn't include them.....DUH!!).

The one film I really really want (other than Pink Floyd: The Wall) is The Killing Fields. It isn't even on the books for a BD release... GRRRRR!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I certainly have few Blu-rays, and few Criterion BD titles as well. ...Like "The Thin Red Line" for just one example.

And others like "North By Northwest".

And of course "The Incredibles" on Blu-ray. :)

...Still waiting for "Lord of the Rings" Extended Edition Trilogy, and "Lawrence of Arabia" on Blu.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing