Studer A810 Tape Lifter Problem

Billicar

Oct 3, 2017
I have a Studer A810 on which the tape lifters do not work (in Fast Forward and Rewind the tape remains in contact with the heads).

The solenoid is fine, as is the Tape Deck Controller PCB.

I have swapped the front panel Command Unit with one from another A810 and then the lifters work fine, so it would appear to be a fault on the Command Unit.

Everything else works fine, however, on power-up not all of the lights on the Command Unit come-on (Programmable keys Y and Z do not light, although they work as they should after power-up).

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

BTW, I do have a service manual with schematics.

sunan

Jun 7, 2015
Have you set the command unit jumpers properly? I think there is a jumper setting to turn the tape lifters on/off

Billicar

Oct 3, 2017
Have you set the command unit jumpers properly? I think there is a jumper setting to turn the tape lifters on/off

Yes, all the DIP switches are programmed correctly. Even with the tape lifter override not assigned to any key, the fault still remains.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing