Tom Petty Dead !

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
New of his passing is saddening. I am listening to some Tom Petty on the radio right now.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
What I am reading is this......

LAPD clarifies it cannot confirm Tom Petty's death. Arrived at the hospital in full cardiac arrest. The sad thing is if he is still alive his prognosisi will be determined in part by the length of time he was without oxygen

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
R.I.P Tom, you will be missed.

he was 66 years old, same as me.

Definitely...such a loss, RIP Tom Petty!

As for you Mike, I believe that is 66 years YOUNG!!!;)

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I wonder if he knew he had heart disease and was under treatment...statins ?
If not, this is a far to common occurrence... your first and last (literally) heart attack.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Recover well Tom: https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/tom-...rious-instagram-slamming-false-death-reports/

Tom Petty‘s daughter has slammed false reports of her father’s death.

The Instagram account @dadlivesmatteronelove, which is being attributed to Petty’s daughter Kimberly Violette (she also goes by Annakim Violette), posted an angry message calling out Rolling Stone magazine for early reports of Petty’s death.

She wrote:

“My dad is not dead yet but your ******* magazine is. Your (sic) slime, has-been pieces of tabloid dog ****. You put the worst artists on your covers, do zero research. How dare you report that my father has died just to get press because your articles and photos are so dated. I will ******* **** down your throat and your family’s. Try not being a Trump vibe. This is my father not a celebrity. An artist and human being. **** u.”

_____

And I like this site; they are honest and forward, very: http://www.metalinjection.net/lates...erroneously-reported-singer-still-in-hospital

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Ok, RIP Tom

I have several of his albums, in both analog and digital formats. I like his well constructed pop music style, easy ballads, good sounding guitar rifs and drums, great rhythm and harmonies, I love his voice, accompanying vocals...brief I really like Tom Petty the peaceful rebel/musician rocker. It is a sad day, 66 is very young, he's a charming loveable guy, and I like his daughter too, she's direct and open. Heart attack is something that can strike any of us @ any moment...I know that some of you know that, and I too know that very well.

RIP Tom, I'm going to play some of your tunes all day long tomorrow, for you, for me, for Las Vegas victims, for Puerto Rico victims, for all the victims across the universe. ...Thinking of your grand daughter too.

Tom Petty's band is a tight band, like CCR.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/oct/02/rock-star-tom-petty-dies-heart-attack

Last edited:

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
I don't listened to his albums that much anymore but I would always catch him on tour when Stevie Nicks would go with him. Always a great show. He will be missed

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing