Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: HECO Direkt Einklang / Zweiklang / Dreiklang

HECO Direkt Einklang / Zweiklang / Dreiklang

Has anybody already heard these high-efficiency speakers from HECO? I'm especially interested in the middle 2-way "Zweiklang" model which might be a good fit to a secondary system.

Based on the specs and the reviews, I too am curious about these.

Addicted to Best!
    I owned these for a little while as a transitionary speaker.

They are pretty darn decent for the money. Need space behind and around them to get the best imaging - more so than others and not like Audio Note E for example.

They are voiced more towards a vintage type presentation - paper pulp large bass driver. Fatigue free. I have heard others complain that they can bite up top but I didnít experience that.

They are what they are so donít expect miracles and for them to compete with the best speakers at the £5-10k price point because they wonít. They donít have the insight and finesse of those speakers.

That said, if this is your price point they are worth a good audition. I would take a Rogers LS5/8 or Audio Note E instead myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophile Bill View Post
    I owned these for a little while as a transitionary speaker.

They are pretty darn decent for the money. Need space behind and around them to get the best imaging - more so than others and not like Audio Note E for example.

They are voiced more towards a vintage type presentation - paper pulp large bass driver. Fatigue free. I have heard others complain that they can bite up top but I didn’t experience that.

They are what they are so don’t expect miracles and for them to compete with the best speakers at the £5-10k price point because they won’t. They don’t have the insight and finesse of those speakers.

That said, if this is your price point they are worth a good audition. I would take a Rogers LS5/8 or Audio Note E instead myself.
    I'm using the Audio Note AN-Es now but I have an oddly-shaped space that doesn't allow me to corner-load the speakers properly. I'm in the market for high-efficiency speakers that don't require corner-loading.

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Exlibris View Post
    I'm using the Audio Note AN-Es now but I have an oddly-shaped space that doesn't allow me to corner-load the speakers properly. I'm in the market for high-efficiency speakers that don't require corner-loading.
    Ah okay. Do you have ability to have about 4-5 feet behind them and space to sides?

I personally prefer Es myself. Did you hear the Orangutang 0/96? I havenít but heard some positive reports.

The other option is the Living Voice speakers such as OB-X etc.

I've heard the Orangutang 0/96 at shows with Shindo gear and I can't say that I've really loved it.
    I can't bring speakers out 4 or 5 feet away from the front wall. Ideally, the front of the speaker would be no more then 3 feet from the front wall. This is a big limitation, I know.

Addicted to Best!
    Wow - love your room. Beautifully done.
    Mayer amps by looks of it?

What is the actual sonic issue you have right now? Not enough bass or something?

Oh, thanks for that! I actually just removed those photos because they are so old. Yes, a Mayer 45 amp with separate power supply. I'll try and find some recent ones or post a video.

It's hard to get the bass right, the imaging right, and the room loading right when I don't have proper corners for the AN-Es. I always seem to have them in one position or another where they sound really good in some respect but not great in other respects.

Name:  image (5).jpeg
Views: 141
Size:  127.6 KB

The floor in front of the system is kind of a walkway so the space I have to work with is pretty limited.
    (these photos are old and the system has changed a lot since then but the space has not)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast