Avalon Acoustics

BlackPR

Mar 17, 2016
Avalon Acoustics announced that they'll be doing a scheduled listening session at a location right by RMAF at the same time. It's a sign-up only deal that will feature Prof. Keith Johnson (reference recordings), Neil Patel and others. There is no word on what they're going to be demoing. I know I'm hoping it'll be the Tesseract or the new Saga. I'm a *huge* fan of Avalon and will definitely be going.

https://goo.gl/xHYupB

-Ray

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Avalon Acoustics announced that they'll be doing a scheduled listening session at a location right by RMAF at the same time. It's a sign-up only deal that will feature Prof. Keith Johnson (reference recordings), Neil Patel and others. There is no word on what they're going to be demoing. I know I'm hoping it'll be the Tesseract or the new Saga. I'm a *huge* fan of Avalon and will definitely be going.

https://goo.gl/xHYupB

-Ray

Hello Ray, would be very interested in getting your feedback if possible. I suspect it will Spectral's new Anniversary DMA 500 amps driving either SAGA or Tesseract. Have fun.

BlackPR

Mar 17, 2016
Hello Ray, would be very interested in getting your feedback if possible. I suspect it will Spectral's new Anniversary DMA 500 amps driving either SAGA or Tesseract. Have fun.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I'll get some pictures to post...

BlackPR

Mar 17, 2016
RMAF Avalon - New stuff!

So last night Avalon unveiled their new website (much needed, and the new one looks great), and Released the PM4 -- the first model in their "Professional Monitor" series. MSRP: $55k. They'll be adding PM3, PM2, etc to the lineup in the future. The PM4 at the show was literally the first PM4 and I overheard Neil Patel saying that "it was finished on monday." Close shave!

I had an interesting time listening, as I got to hear the feedback of the seasoned audiophiles (which is always interesting) and I brought someone with me who is a new audiophile -- and I mean very new. Up until last night all he had ever heard was mid-range, mid-fi. He was starstruck -- and afterwards kept telling me that it was "an emotional experience," and "completely moving," and that the hairs on his arms stood on end, and that at times it "nearly brought me to tears." I thought the speakers were spectacular myself, but they sound like Avalon's. My non-audiophile friend left grumbling about his stereo at home and how he may never be able to listen to it again. Today he gets to wander around the rest of the show.

Maybe it wasn't fair to plop him in front of a $55,000 loudspeaker as his first foray into the audiophile world.

pm4-avalonb.jpg

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I have always like e Avalon/Spectral combination - I know for good that Neil is a big fan of Spectral electronics as well. After owning more than seven different Avalon speakers, I have not had the chance to try that combination at home. This new line looks promising to say the least....

BlackPR

Mar 17, 2016
I have always like e Avalon/Spectral combination - I know for good that Neil is a big fan of Spectral electronics as well. After owning more than seven different Avalon speakers, I have not had the chance to try that combination at home. This new line looks promising to say the least....

I'm curious to see that list of Avalons you've owned. I'm going on my second pair with an Indra-D that I'm eagerly awaiting. My current ones are "vintage" Arcus. Although Neil told me not to use the term vintage -- use the term "Classic." The first pair I ever heard were the Ascent running on Rowland 7's. I've been chasing that sound ever since.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I'm curious to see that list of Avalons you've owned. I'm going on my second pair with an Indra-D that I'm eagerly awaiting. My current ones are "vintage" Arcus. Although Neil told me not to use the term vintage -- use the term "Classic." The first pair I ever heard were the Ascent running on Rowland 7's. I've been chasing that sound ever since.

I have had most of their Classic series, from Avatars (3 pairs), Eclipse (2 pairs) and Ascent - also heard in very familiar environments the Isis, Trascendent, Compasse, Time and Eidolon. I have also been to the Avalon factory three times and set-up some systems for Avalon owners in Latinamerica.

I really like the Avalon "sound" - I have heard some other speakers with better definition (particularly in the bass registers), maybe better dynamics and more wow factor - but the Avalon balance and integration, summed to its holographic, 3D sound rendering really captivates me.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
A friend of mine NJ was the first US customer to buy a set of SAGA; he loves them and states they are better than any of his prior Avalon models.

Avalon seems to put a lot more of their $$$ and time into roadshows and press in Asia where their speakers are very popular, glad to hear they
made it to RMAF albeit not showing off their new upper-line module (SAGA)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing