Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Avalon Acoustics

  1. #1

    Avalon Acoustics

    Avalon Acoustics announced that they'll be doing a scheduled listening session at a location right by RMAF at the same time. It's a sign-up only deal that will feature Prof. Keith Johnson (reference recordings), Neil Patel and others. There is no word on what they're going to be demoing. I know I'm hoping it'll be the Tesseract or the new Saga. I'm a *huge* fan of Avalon and will definitely be going.

    https://goo.gl/xHYupB

    -Ray

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPR View Post
    Avalon Acoustics announced that they'll be doing a scheduled listening session at a location right by RMAF at the same time. It's a sign-up only deal that will feature Prof. Keith Johnson (reference recordings), Neil Patel and others. There is no word on what they're going to be demoing. I know I'm hoping it'll be the Tesseract or the new Saga. I'm a *huge* fan of Avalon and will definitely be going.

    https://goo.gl/xHYupB

    -Ray
    Hello Ray, would be very interested in getting your feedback if possible. I suspect it will Spectral's new Anniversary DMA 500 amps driving either SAGA or Tesseract. Have fun.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ashandger View Post
    Hello Ray, would be very interested in getting your feedback if possible. I suspect it will Spectral's new Anniversary DMA 500 amps driving either SAGA or Tesseract. Have fun.
    That's pretty much what I was thinking. I'll get some pictures to post...

  4. #4

    RMAF Avalon - New stuff!

    So last night Avalon unveiled their new website (much needed, and the new one looks great), and Released the PM4 -- the first model in their "Professional Monitor" series. MSRP: $55k. They'll be adding PM3, PM2, etc to the lineup in the future. The PM4 at the show was literally the first PM4 and I overheard Neil Patel saying that "it was finished on monday." Close shave!

    I had an interesting time listening, as I got to hear the feedback of the seasoned audiophiles (which is always interesting) and I brought someone with me who is a new audiophile -- and I mean very new. Up until last night all he had ever heard was mid-range, mid-fi. He was starstruck -- and afterwards kept telling me that it was "an emotional experience," and "completely moving," and that the hairs on his arms stood on end, and that at times it "nearly brought me to tears." I thought the speakers were spectacular myself, but they sound like Avalon's. My non-audiophile friend left grumbling about his stereo at home and how he may never be able to listen to it again. Today he gets to wander around the rest of the show.

    Maybe it wasn't fair to plop him in front of a $55,000 loudspeaker as his first foray into the audiophile world.

    Name:  pm4-avalonb.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  265.4 KB

  5. #5
    Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! flez007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    2,888
    I have always like e Avalon/Spectral combination - I know for good that Neil is a big fan of Spectral electronics as well. After owning more than seven different Avalon speakers, I have not had the chance to try that combination at home. This new line looks promising to say the least....
    ​No lies, no surprises

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by flez007 View Post
    I have always like e Avalon/Spectral combination - I know for good that Neil is a big fan of Spectral electronics as well. After owning more than seven different Avalon speakers, I have not had the chance to try that combination at home. This new line looks promising to say the least....
    I'm curious to see that list of Avalons you've owned. I'm going on my second pair with an Indra-D that I'm eagerly awaiting. My current ones are "vintage" Arcus. Although Neil told me not to use the term vintage -- use the term "Classic." The first pair I ever heard were the Ascent running on Rowland 7's. I've been chasing that sound ever since.

  7. #7
    Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! flez007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    2,888
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPR View Post
    I'm curious to see that list of Avalons you've owned. I'm going on my second pair with an Indra-D that I'm eagerly awaiting. My current ones are "vintage" Arcus. Although Neil told me not to use the term vintage -- use the term "Classic." The first pair I ever heard were the Ascent running on Rowland 7's. I've been chasing that sound ever since.
    I have had most of their Classic series, from Avatars (3 pairs), Eclipse (2 pairs) and Ascent - also heard in very familiar environments the Isis, Trascendent, Compasse, Time and Eidolon. I have also been to the Avalon factory three times and set-up some systems for Avalon owners in Latinamerica.

    I really like the Avalon "sound" - I have heard some other speakers with better definition (particularly in the bass registers), maybe better dynamics and more wow factor - but the Avalon balance and integration, summed to its holographic, 3D sound rendering really captivates me.
    ​No lies, no surprises

  8. #8
    Addicted to Best! SCAudiophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Greer South Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    665
    A friend of mine NJ was the first US customer to buy a set of SAGA; he loves them and states they are better than any of his prior Avalon models.

    Avalon seems to put a lot more of their $$$ and time into roadshows and press in Asia where their speakers are very popular, glad to hear they
    made it to RMAF albeit not showing off their new upper-line module (SAGA)
    TAD R1 MkII, w/ULTRA5s, Esoteric P02, D02, C02, A02, Cybershaft Premium Limited OP21 10 mHz, IsoTek EVO3 TITAN & SIGMAS, EVO3 OPTIMUM Umbilical, 10 Ground Rods, CADWELD, Avatar Acoustics AfterBurner8, Granite Audio Ground Zero, Elrod MASTER SERIES Statement Gold, Statement Gold & Statement Silver PCs, Elrod Statement Gold XLR, Shunyata SIGMA AES, SIGMA CLOCK-50, B.M.C. PureUSB1, Elrod Statement Gold custom speaker cables & MASTERS SERIES SG JUMPERS, Adona AV45, Composite Audio CF-2010, HRS DPX

Similar Threads

  1. How to contact Avalon Acoustics for support?
    By Eidolon1 in forum Avalon Acoustics Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-11-2018, 04:00 AM
  2. (F.S) Avalon Acoustics Eidolon Vision
    By George K in forum Buy and Sell Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2016, 12:50 AM
  3. From Avalon to ???
    By Pierre in forum Speakers
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 10-21-2014, 11:32 AM
  4. Avalon Acoustics 2012 factory tour
    By flez007 in forum Avalon Acoustics Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-28-2013, 12:10 PM
  5. Avalon Acoustics Forum
    By Steve Williams in forum Forum Announcements and Suggestion Box
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2011, 09:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •