New Jelco Tonearms

zog

Oct 8, 2013
Thanks miniguy. That is an upgrade on the horizon. :)

kevinmi

Dec 29, 2017
comparison between Ortofon TA-110 and Jelco 850? I have a chance to buy a used TA-110 for a little less than the Jelco, so I was wondering if you could shed some light on the differences you have noticed?

miniguy

Dec 18, 2013
San Diego area
comparison between Ortofon TA-110 and Jelco 850? I have a chance to buy a used TA-110 for a little less than the Jelco, so I was wondering if you could shed some light on the differences you have noticed?

Hard to say precisely since I’ve been using a different cartridge on the Jelco. However, I find it to be a highly resolved tonearm with excellent build quality. Also it’s mounting base is larger and more robust giving the shaft better support and vertical alignment. At its price it’s an absolute no brainer.

kevinmi

Dec 29, 2017
Hard to say precisely since I’ve been using a different cartridge on the Jelco. However, I find it to be a highly resolved tonearm with excellent build quality. Also it’s mounting base is larger and more robust giving the shaft better support and vertical alignment. At its price it’s an absolute no brainer.
I have the improved collar from Ammonite Audio for my 750 arm which I haven't installed yet. I'm glad Jelco addressed this issue with the new tonearms. I'm about to pull the trigger on the new 850 arm.

zog

Oct 8, 2013
I have the improved collar from Ammonite Audio for my 750 arm which I haven't installed yet. I'm glad Jelco addressed this issue with the new tonearms. I'm about to pull the trigger on the new 850 arm.

I also have the improved collar from Ammonite, together with a silver rewire, Ebony headshell and ebony armboard on TT1 I have found the Origin Live Conqueror on TT2 to be a major disappointment. Prefer the Jelco 750D to be honest. I have now sold the Origin Live and I will likely get a Jelco 850.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing