Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Servers at 3 price points.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Rodney, maybe I can use the laptop/IPad built-in spkrs too? LOL

Why do you disregard Antipodes’ lower-end models? For example, this one: http://www.audiophilia.com/reviews/2...io-core-server. It has all the options you need and is below 5K. As to the sound, you will have to judge it by yourself, maybe by comparing it to an Auralic Aries or other servers in this price range.
    Last edited by abeidrov; 09-30-2017 at 04:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    Auralic is superb value for the money, easy to buy and sell used. I would go for their cheapest and not try to get the best Auralic. They all have digititis as Bill will tell you too, and I have been telling him that for two years... But I think it is a great value to get used to streaming till you buy your more expensive server. I don't know the Zen but price wise seems great.

You can compare Melco, Aurender N10, Auralic and possible CAD at Oxford audio. CAD is restricted in terms of USB only. You can get Lampi SK for compare. Bill compared SGM to Melco to his Auralic and now demoed the SK.

I don't know anyone here with Antipodes but really like that review against the N10. But I would just start with Auralic or Zen and be patient as you get used to it, by that time prices will be down and quality will improve.

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! Believe High Fidelity's Avatar
    Believe High Fidelity Ltd is the North American Distributor for:

Aries Cerat Ltd
    Torqueo Audio
    Vermouth Audio Cables
    Etsuro Urushi Cartridges
    Primary Control
    Echo Diastasis

Aries Cerat wins Best of Show at Munich High End 2017 http://www.avshowrooms.com/high-end-2017-awards.html
    Kassandra LE DAC wins Best DAC of 2016/2017 with reviewer purchase @ Mono & Stereo! Article here

Like us on Facebook!

Email: j@Ibelieveinhifi.com
    Web: www.ibelieveinhifi.com

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    Auralic is superb value for the money, easy to buy and sell used. I would go for their cheapest and not try to get the best Auralic.........
    I don't know anyone here with Antipodes but really like that review against the N10. But I would just start with Auralic or Zen and be patient as you get used to it, by that time prices will be down and quality will improve.
    Just checked out the Innuous Zenith at the Indulgence show and quite impressed with the build quality. The Aries looks flimsy by comparison. Zenith used in at least 2 further rooms, I didn't spot Auralic in any.
    Cheers
    Sound Galleries Monaco Server 2015(Roon>Tidal>HQPlayer-Polysinc xtr mp DSD128) > Sablon Audio Reserva Elite USB (data only)/Sablon Audio Reserva Ethernet > T&A DAC 8 DSD > Sablon Audio Reserva Interconnects > Java Triple Shot LDR pre > SupaNova45 DC SE amp > Sablon Audio Reserva speaker cables (pigtailed) > Avantgarde Duo Omega. Sablon Audio Reserva power cords throughout. HiFiMan Edition X V2, Audio Magic SHD fuses, Oyaide EE f/s2.0 V2 mains spurs, GIK Acoustic TriTraps/panels.

I am probably going Roon Nucleus, but the baby Innuous is my second choice. Full disclosure: I'm into Roon/Tidal way more than HDD.

Keith, the Nucleus needs NAS storage, none onboard.
    When's it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue58 View Post
    If you need a CD ripper, Roon, Tidal and ease of use then Innuous Zen fits the bill to test the waters of streaming until you decide if it's for you or not.
    Plus points, local service and support if anything should go wrong. Great value and even more so if you scored one on fleabay.
    Discovering new artists I think will be the deciding factor as you have already shown you are capable of using the Roon interface on iPad.
    Cheers
    +1! That's exactly what I've been telling Marc. Test the waters with a fairly inexpensive unit, with full, local support. Then graduate to the big leagues if you must (SGM).
    The Innuos line became our go-to streamers, as they do/have it all, UPNP, Roon, linear supplies, isolated Ethernet ports, etc. I need more time with the new Zenith SE, as that has the potential to be pretty close to the SGM performance-wise.
    I'm waiting to get our first units of the Roon Nucleus, but that one has potential as well. But not having HDs built-in is kinda of a pain.
    Disclosure:
    Alma Music and Audio - San Diego, CA
    Aqua Hi-Fi - Audio Research - Audioquest - Audionet - Audiopax - Auralic - Aurender - Bergmann - Brodmann - D'Agostino - darTZeel - Devialet - DEQX - ELAC - Evolution Acoustics - Hegel - iFi - Innuos - IsoTek - Kii Audio - Koetsu - Kronos - Kubala Sosna - Kuzma - Larsen - Linn - MSB Technology - Music Hall - Ortofon - Roon - Solid Steel - Sound Galleries Music Server - Technics - Wharfedale - Wilson Audio - YG Acoustics
    [ http://almaaudio.com ]

Quote Originally Posted by spiritofmusic View Post
    Keith, the Nucleus needs NAS storage, none onboard.
    When's it out?
    Correct - I have a small, ripped collection so intend to put it on a USB drive (flash most likely).

If you have a huge collection, you probably have NAS anyways.

Wadax Server.
    I still have not heard it (only the DAC), but I know who has done it and says it is extraordinary. And in this forum Stereophonic, owns one and speaks wonders of it.
    Amazon 1 / Morch DP6- 12" / Air Tight PC1 / Audio Research PH-7 /Lumin A1 + Kenneth Lau LPSU /Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref 5 SE /Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Stereo / Rockport Atria I / MIT Magnum MA and Neutral Cables/AudioQuest Diamond RJ45 Cables / Shunyata Denali 6000 T / Isotek and Shunyata Power Cables /Kenneth Lau LPSU for Aqvox Switch / Stillpoints Ultra SS / Entreq Silver product

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast