Thread: Shunyata Delta NR power cord impressions

Shunyata Delta NR power cord impressions

I have had a Shunyata Delta NR power cord for about 10 days now. It replaced a Venom digital on my Rega DAC R. Simply put, wow!

Now the Venom digital was very good. I started with the stock cord, then a Venom 3, followed by the Venom Digital. Each time there were noticeable improvements in sound. But, I wasn't expecting such a big improvement going from the Venom digital to the Delta NR. The noise floor has dropped by a good margin. The sound is less close to the speakers, and projected more into the room, more holographic. Voices are more nuanced, and instruments like strings, sound like they have a layer of fat or grunge removed. Everything just sounds more like music.

The build quality of the cable is outstanding, and it looks really good. It looks better than the Zitron Cobra I had, and the Alpha HC I own. I get the feeling the Delta NR would be the reference cable for many other companies...
    It is also really flexible for a cable of its size and with VTX conductors. I am very happy with this cable!

Totally agree. Buy my Denali 6000T and an Alpha NR that I placed on my Melco NHZ60-2. Last week I received a second Alpha NR that I placed on my Lumin A1. Well having all my digital with Alpha NR has been so satisfying, I've had no choice but to order an Alpha NR for my Preamp and a Sigma NR for the Denali. Oh my God, this is ruinous .......
    Amazon 1 / Morch DP6- 12" / Air Tight PC1 / Audio Research PH-7 /Lumin A1 + Kenneth Lau LPSU /Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref 5 SE /Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Stereo / Rockport Atria I / MIT Magnum MA and Neutral Cables/AudioQuest Diamond RJ45 Cables / Shunyata Denali 6000 T / Isotek and Shunyata Power Cables /Kenneth Lau LPSU for Aqvox Switch / Stillpoints Ultra SS / Entreq Silver product

My question is how close is the Delta to the Alpha NR? I would like to replace my Wireworld Silver Electra(they have upgrade plugs). I need seven 2M cords and don't want to spend 3K per cord.
    My system: Monitor Audio PL500 II, Jeff Rowland(JR) 625 S2 amp, JR Corus preamp, JR Aeris DAC, Antipodes DS GT music server, Wireworld Platinum XLR cables and power cords, Wireworld Silver speaker cable.

I have not heard the Delta, but keep in mind that something is missing, regarding Alpha, it has no CCI module
    Amazon 1 / Morch DP6- 12" / Air Tight PC1 / Audio Research PH-7 /Lumin A1 + Kenneth Lau LPSU /Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref 5 SE /Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Stereo / Rockport Atria I / MIT Magnum MA and Neutral Cables/AudioQuest Diamond RJ45 Cables / Shunyata Denali 6000 T / Isotek and Shunyata Power Cables /Kenneth Lau LPSU for Aqvox Switch / Stillpoints Ultra SS / Entreq Silver product

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    I have not heard the Delta, but keep in mind that something is missing, regarding Alpha, it has no CCI module
    The Delta NR does have a CCI filter. NR means noise reduction. All NR cables have CCI filters. It is the EF versions that do not.

What the Alpha has the Delta doesn't, is the Zitron technology. The Alpha is also bigger at 8 AWG, versus 10 for the Delta.

Indeed, you are right, the Delta also has CCI, (my mistake)
    Regards