Swiss High End Show: November 4,5 at Mövenpick Hotel in Regensdorf Switzerland

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Dear All,
I am posting to let you know that there will be a show at the beginning of November in Regensdorf, Switzerland (Swiss High End) and my company, Soundcastles klg, will be demoing a full Aries Cerat system, minus speakers (speakers will be provided by the German company Dynamikks!). We will be in Room 321 at the show, which is held in the Mövenpick Hotel.

advertisement_AAA_revision2.jpg

Would be nice to see some WBF members at the show.

Cheers,
Brad

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Hi Brad

What will be the exact pieces of gear you are going to Show?

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Hi Brad

What will be the exact pieces of gear you are going to Show?

Hi Christoph,

We will be at the show with the following gear:

Amp: Aries Cerat Diana Forte
Preamp: Aries Cerat Incito (Impera II will likely not be ready by then)
DAC: Aries Cerat Kassandra Reference Mk. II

Speakers: Dynamikks! Monitor 10.15 mk. II

http://www.dynamikks.de/MONITOR_8.12-10.15-12.18.html

Interconnects and speaker cables: TBD. Maybe Goertz, maybe something else (we are looking at Supra but unsure yet).
Power cords: NBS Black Label II and/or Omega Extreme I...Vibex power bar

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Thanks for the infos.
The speakers look very interesting.
They remind me technically of the Swiss brand Tobian.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Thanks for the infos.
The speakers look very interesting.
They remind me technically of the Swiss brand Tobian.

Yes, there is at least a superficial similarity and I think at one time there was some collaboration on these coaxial drivers. I think they come from the same supplier. I am skeptical of the Tobian claims of back horn loading though because if you look at picture of the back of the speaker it looks like a rather narrow slot whereas a true horn opens to a large mouth (my Odeons are completely open on the bottom). Like the big scoop on your Living Voice Tone Scouts. The Tobian looks more like some kind of tricky transmission line or vent design.

I notice that they also do the bass reflex with a big coax and a big woofer...that is quite a bit like the Dynamikks! speakers it seems.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Sorry for being OT but Tobian offers both on his Monitors, reflex or horn loading, depending on the customers wish or the room requirements

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Sorry for being OT but Tobian offers both on his Monitors, reflex or horn loading, depending on the customers wish or the room requirements

Don't see how that works unless they are putting drivers into completely different cabinets that just happen to look the same on the outside.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing