Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Aqua Formula - new upgrade, retrofittable!

I thought the upgrade rectified that and does DSD native?
    3x20A circuits | PS Audio PPP | Music PC (HQPlayer w/DEQ, Roon) | AQ Cinnamon CAT7 cable | HDPLex LPSU -> UltraCap LPS-1 -> Sonore Ultrarendu D->D | Aqua Hifi Formula DAC | Purity Audio Silver Statement preamp | Wells Audio Innamorata amp | Musical Fidelity A3CR amp | Usher BE20D speakers with GR Research upgrade | 2: JL Audio F113 subs | JPS Labs SC3 ICs + Aluminata/SC2 SCs | Stillpoints, BD cones | Custom birch rack | Fully treated + dedicated 2 channel room (absorption/diffusion)

I am now listening to an Aqua Formula xHD. The unit is brand new and probably needs another week of burn in. But so far, I am quite pleased with what I am hearing. Despite the internal conversion of DSD to PCM, DSD playback is comparable to my Lampi, and PCM is simply stunning.
    https://youtu.be/ySXOhTEbVKw

Awesome! BTW - who is playing in the video?
    3x20A circuits | PS Audio PPP | Music PC (HQPlayer w/DEQ, Roon) | AQ Cinnamon CAT7 cable | HDPLex LPSU -> UltraCap LPS-1 -> Sonore Ultrarendu D->D | Aqua Hifi Formula DAC | Purity Audio Silver Statement preamp | Wells Audio Innamorata amp | Musical Fidelity A3CR amp | Usher BE20D speakers with GR Research upgrade | 2: JL Audio F113 subs | JPS Labs SC3 ICs + Aluminata/SC2 SCs | Stillpoints, BD cones | Custom birch rack | Fully treated + dedicated 2 channel room (absorption/diffusion)

Thanks, it is Lars Estrand from this album:
    Name:  377329D1-3503-435E-A581-662D681E2B46.jpeg
Views: 147
Size:  129.0 KB
    The download is available here: http://shop.dsdfile.com.

I really enjoyed the sound of Formula till I put my Lampi back... Now I am at a complete loss, as I no longer hear the difference, that I think I heard before. Maybe I imagined it Maybe it’s a burn in issue.
    Anyway, I will give the Formula another couple of days but I doubt that there will be any dramatic changes.

Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by abeidrov View Post
    I really enjoyed the sound of Formula till I put my Lampi back... Now I am at a complete loss, as I no longer hear the difference, that I think I heard before. Maybe I imagined it Maybe it’s a burn in issue.
    Anyway, I will give the Formula another couple of days but I doubt that there will be any dramatic changes.
    What tubes do you use in your GG?

I wish it was a GG It’s a Level 4 dac.

For what it's worth it took a long time for my Aqua Formula to break in. Aqua recommends 200 hours but I found it took closer to 300 for it to settle down.

Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    I wish it was a GG It’s a Level 4 dac.
    Oh geez. You should buy a used GG then. It will be less than a new Formula retail. Ask Lykasz...I am sure he has trade ins for PAC buyers.

I had L2 and then L4 and the B7 and then GG. GG is far far beyond L4. I know for a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    Oh geez. You should buy a used GG then. It will be less than a new Formula retail. Ask Lykasz...I am sure he has trade ins for PAC buyers.

I had L2 and then L4 and the B7 and then GG. GG is far far beyond L4. I know for a fact.
    If I don’t go for the Formula, I am thinking about a new GG2. It’s just more expensive and lots of confusing options to choose from. But that’s a topic for another thread.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast