Von Schweikert Audio VR4 jr with original Crates and Hardware

Rainworks

Sep 24, 2017
After many years of enjoyment, I’ve made the difficult decision to relinquish ownership of my precious VR-4 JRs as I upgrade to another pair of Von Schweikert speakers. As you can see, this pair is finished in an attractive Light Maple veneer. I have all the original hardware (spikes included), packaging (wood creates included), velvet bags, and even the owner’s manual for any collectors out there. And if you know anything about the VR-4 JR, it is a collector's piece still outperforming the present competition in both sound and looks. In fact, this is the first pair of speakers my wife is sad to see them leave the house!

VR4jrSale-8.jpg
VR4jrSale-1.jpg
VR4jrSale-2.jpg

This pair is in excellent shape both sonically and physically as you’ll notice from these pictures; especially when viewed in person from only two or three feet away. In the spirit of full disclosure, however, there are a couple of imperfections when viewed from a few inches away (pictures included in this post). If you don’t notice from the photos, here’s what to look for...

• The top of one speaker has a small blemish.
  • There are two small bumps (1/8” in diameter) on the front slope for one of the top units. This is from under the veneer and has been there for ten years with no change.
  • The bottom of one of the plinths has a scratch.
  • The cloth grilles have a few tears in them from placing them in a cat's favorite location during cleaning.

VR4jrSale-6.jpg
VR4jrSale-5.jpg

The sound from these speakers is phenomenal; excellent sound stage, tonally rich but still producing great detail. The VR-4 JR hits above its weight class. But don’t take my word for it, check out these reviews...

Enjoy the Music

Positive Feedback

Stereo Times

Home Theater HiFi

I’m asking $4000 OBO and purchaser must arrange to ship. Dimensions and pick-up location will be provided upon agreement.

Last edited:

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
Do I spy a pair of Uni-1's in the background:)

Rainworks

Sep 24, 2017
Indeed you do. When I get my new Von Schweikert Audio speakers the Uni-1's will go back into my office. I meant it when in my original post the wife was unhappy to see them go. She took my office units as collateral for me to land new VSAs

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing