The Orville | official trailer (2017)

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I like it so far...
Its a lot of things actually,after all its Seth McFarland.
There is humor but they also tackle serious stuff.
This last episode I watched had more moral/societal/religious/global warming/legal issues than Vogue.
The basic was, one form of alien that inhabits their planet are all males in relationships (sexuality issues) and if the offspring (the aliens lay eggs) are born female they are given a sex change operation(gender issues/mutilation) at birth.
Through the whole episode they (male aliens) keep reciting passages from their great book (bible/religion) and come to find out that the their bible was written by a female alien that the parents hid from the masses of males(oh $hit moment).
The doctor of the human occupied ship refused to perform the operation (moral issues) and so the alien male couple went to court(legal matters) against each other to decide the fate of the alien child. This is where they learned who wrote their bible, but the jury was all males from said planet, so you know how that turned out despite all the emotional baggage they brought into the court.
All through this they made the male dominated planet out to be polluted/dirty/blowing $hit up/rude/crude/inconsiderate/crotch scratching mentality and so on.
Is it the most amazing show ever...not hardly but it has some cool twists (Seth McFarland style) some twisted one liners and spoof action mixed in with what he believes to be real world issues.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I've enjoyed The Orville so far and plan to continue watching it. I do enjoy science fiction so its right up my alley

Its a comedy as well, the special effects are very good and the dynamic tension between the captain (McFarland) and his first officer (his cheating former wife in the show) presents some very funny situations and one liners.

McFarland was a big Star Trek fan so he's having fun with this project.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
So far I like it a lot, it's a great Star Trek spoof, almost like South Park X Star Trek.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Great episode of The Orville last night.

They came across a massive drifting star ship. The occupants don't realize they are on an ark and those who live there practice an interesting faith.

Not recommended for religious fundamentalists.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing