Black Panther Trailer 2017 - Official 2018 Movie Teaser

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
It is doing very well @ the box office, everyone is raving about it.
http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/18/media/black-panther-box-office/index.html

People have only good things to say about it. It's nice to read about a film everyone love, and breaking money records. It's probably a billion dollars+ film. It's already one third in the first weekend.
I can easily see a series, many more sequels. It's a cash register machine.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
From watching the trailer I saw and heard everything I do not like in contemporary movies.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
My son, 14 next week, usually has no interest in superhero movies. He saw this today and said it was terrific!

Lee

Here you go Lee, your son is not alone in confirming what everyone else is saying.

I don't know Ron, the trailer looks rather cool.
It's not Lawrence of Arabia or Citizen Kane or The Godfather for sure, but it looks colorful and entertaining nonetheless.

97% @ Rotten Tomatoes
88% @ Metacritic

Older people loved it too (she's 64, fifty years older than Lee's son):
http://ew.com/movies/2018/02/18/oprah-winfrey-black-panther-review/

Last edited:

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I saw Black Panther on Friday and thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I am not a fan of all super hero movies but some of them are well done and a fun movie ride - this was one of the good ones in my opinion.

While the vast, vast majority of super heroes movies made in the USA feature white stars (well, actually almost every one of them), this one featured a black super hero. Seemed to me it was about time. Apparently it is good business, too, as the movie has already done $192 million in the USA and is projected to do $216 by the end of this holiday weekend here. Worldwide the movie is projected to do $361 million total this weekend.

The movie had great special effects and wonderful settings - the action scenes in Seoul were incredible and alone worth the price of admission.

In the end, the message of the movie was hopeful. It was a fun 2 hours and 15 minutes.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
So far I did not read a single bad critic. I thought of the hopeful message, I could decipher that in people's reviews, and I was impressed by the special effects from the trailers. I hope it comes in 3D later on on Blu-ray. If not I'll go 2D on 4K.

https://www.romper.com/p/should-you...to-know-about-the-enhanced-experience-8207568
https://www.bustle.com/p/is-black-p...-this-groundbreaking-female-architect-8193909
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/23...y-the-right-black-panther-ticket?story_page=2

I always prefer 3D @ home, more than IMAX 3D theater. ...With few exceptions.
___

Edit:

It is on IMAX 3D in some theaters, and the Blu-ray 4K UHD version, and also the 3D Blu-ray version will be available May 15*.

* For the 3D Blu-ray version I'm not sure yet if Disney will make it available here in North America, but it is not something that worries me because the UK and France and other parts of the world will have the 3D version. France for example is set for June 22 ... the 3D BR version.

I expect 3D awesomeness from this Blu-ray title. When the 3D connoisseurs say it's good @ the 3D IMAX theaters it is usually very good on the 3D home version.

Some films you cannot base full judgement from their trailers; Black Panther is one of them according to many who saw the film. I'm super 3D excited; it is playing in the 3D IMAX format near me.

? https://www.cineplex.com/Movie/black-panther-an-imax-3d-experience

P.S. And the hardcore moviegoers mentioned to stick through the end rolling credits, indeed.

Last edited:

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I saw Black Panther on Friday and thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I am not a fan of all super hero movies but some of them are well done and a fun movie ride - this was one of the good ones in my opinion.

While the vast, vast majority of super heroes movies made in the USA feature white stars (well, actually almost every one of them), this one featured a black super hero. Seemed to me it was about time. Apparently it is good business, too, as the movie has already done $192 million in the USA and is projected to do $216 by the end of this holiday weekend here. Worldwide the movie is projected to do $361 million total this weekend.

The movie had great special effects and wonderful settings - the action scenes in Seoul were incredible and alone worth the price of admission.

In the end, the message of the movie was hopeful. It was a fun 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Very well said.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie yesterday with my family. I thought the set and costume design was better than anything I have seen. True artistry here especially since it accomplishes its job of supporting the film's premise.

Diving into geek territory this film and the purchase of FOX Studios (X-Men) by Disney has me very excited. Vibranium has been mentioned in Disney/Marvel movies as the strongest metal in comic book land, there are two. Vibranium has the energy absorbing and release properties and Adamantium (Wolverine's skeleton and claws) is the hardest material. Cap's shield has an Adamantium rim AND a vibranium surface. This is just one area where the separation of the two universes based on split rights can get fixed. Moving down the line, the purchase opens up the possibility of T'chala getting with his comic book wife, Ororo aka Storm, played in the first 3 X-Men films by Halle Berry.

Best of all, the purchase can finally sweep aside the very poor attempt to replace all things mutant with the In-human, Terigen mist arcs so disastrous in Agents of Shield and the super flop In-human movie turned series.

Back to Black Panther, I can see now how his character and his country will be of great import come Infinity Wars. It's too bad that the purchase came late because Professor Xavier and Reed Richards (both Fox characters) were key in the comic book story where they joined Strange and Stark as the blokes with the Earth's greatest minds.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Jack, I won't be challenging your knowledge about any comic book hero movies. You know your stuff!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It's actually not that great. Folsom is the man here. I am however fascinated by continuity and Kevin Feige is unparalleled at this point.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie yesterday with my family. I thought the set and costume design was better than anything I have seen. True artistry here especially since it accomplishes its job of supporting the film's premise.

Diving into geek territory this film and the purchase of FOX Studios (X-Men) by Disney has me very excited. Vibranium has been mentioned in Disney/Marvel movies as the strongest metal in comic book land, there are two. Vibranium has the energy absorbing and release properties and Adamantium (Wolverine's skeleton and claws) is the hardest material. Cap's shield has an Adamantium rim AND a vibranium surface. This is just one area where the separation of the two universes based on split rights can get fixed. Moving down the line, the purchase opens up the possibility of T'chala getting with his comic book wife, Ororo aka Storm, played in the first 3 X-Men films by Halle Berry.

Best of all, the purchase can finally sweep aside the very poor attempt to replace all things mutant with the In-human, Terigen mist arcs so disastrous in Agents of Shield and the super flop In-human movie turned series.

Back to Black Panther, I can see now how his character and his country will be of great import come Infinity Wars. It's too bad that the purchase came late because Professor Xavier and Reed Richards (both Fox characters) were key in the comic book story where they joined Strange and Stark as the blokes with the Earth's greatest minds.

Alright Jack, that sounds . . . accurate.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
My wife and I saw it this afternoon. Went with an open mind.

I enjoyed it for all of the reasons everyone else has stated. Yes the computer graphics were stunning. I just can’t say it’s the greatest movie I’ve ever seen. I do understand however why it’s shattering box office records.

FWIW we saw it at at our local Cinépolis where we were the only ones in the theater.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011

As an original X-men fan, I am waiting for the movie about the most powerful superhero of all time...PHOENIX. She got so powerful she made the multiverse unstable and had entities like Galactus trembling in his boots. I recall the 3 faced entity (I think) called the Tribunal, sealing off this universe before Phoenix could take down the whole shebang. That comic edition...death of Phoenix was already worth like $1K back in the early 1980s. All my pals had it and none of us saved it! Pity.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
My gf and I did not like this at all. Hollywood movies have been getting much worse than even Bollywood recently.

Time to try to catch some foreign language films

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
My gf and I did not like this at all. Hollywood movies have been getting much worse than even Bollywood recently.

Time to try to catch some foreign language films

I don't think any of us who indicated we enjoyed the film were stating it was a great film irrespective of genre. I am not into "super hero" movies in general and avoid them for the most part. Off the top of my head about the only three that I have enjoyed were: 1) The original Iron Man, 2) WonderWoman and 3) Back Panther. What these three have in common is there is a story line for a least the first 2/3's of the film, the super hero fighting is limited to the end of the movie and you don't have to check your entire brain at the door.

I do not disagree with your point that Hollywood is getting worse every year. I can't even pick a "Best Picture favorite from this past year. Sure there are parts of "Three Billboards", "I, Tonya", "Dunkirk", "Darkest Hour", "The Post" and "Lady Bird" that I enjoyed. When I leave the theater I don't want to think that every character is just a shitty person like in "I, Tonya" and "Three Billboards", or with gaping storyline holes like "Darkest Hour" or "The Post". I probably enjoyed "Lady Bird" the most but I had a hard time seeing Soirse Ronin playing a 17 year old high school student even if I thought she was outstanding in "Brooklyn".

The two movies that I felt were overlooked this year were; "Detroit" and "Wind River".

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing