Murder on the Orient Express Official Trailer #2 (2017) Johnny Depp Drama Movie HD

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Had the opportunity to see this today. A very enjoyable movie and the cinematography was excellent. I have never read the book nor did I see the previous movie version so I had no idea how the story would turn out. Branagh must have had his hands full as he directed the film and was in just about every scene. I hope this is the first of several good films scheduled set for release between now and the end of the year. This has been a crap year for movies.

C.A.P

Apr 23, 2010
Just seen this an hr ago and was duly impressed.. Its not a Johnny Depp movie but rather a Kenneth Brannagh show of good old fashioned movie making ! Would gladly go see a sequel

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Just seen this an hr ago and was duly impressed.. Its not a Johnny Depp movie but rather a Kenneth Brannagh show of good old fashioned movie making ! Would gladly go see a sequel

At the end I think they set it up for Murder On the Nile!.

C.A.P

Apr 23, 2010
They sure did ! Smart move making choice when you build in sequels !

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
we saw the movie yesterday and other than the cinematography I thought the movie was just OK. Perhaps I knew the story. Terrific roles by all of the super stars but in the end I was underwhelmed. I am still waiting for the great movies of 2017

MRQE.com gave the film a 58% which is all I thought it deserved

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I too use MRQE as a guidance and stay away from all low rates. Not that high rated are always good but the strike rate of getting a good movie is much higher. I have never seen a movie I liked which was unanimously rated low.

Once over a decade ago, I cross checked all 4 stars from Ebert to those from Bernardelli and took a cross section of their high rated ones, going back to the 80s, and added all the ones I had missed to my internet list. I then started receiving them by post and that was probably the best movie season I had, never seen so many great movies one after the other.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
It was a B- to me. One of the more non-exciting/suspenseful mystery movies i've ever seen. Frustrating

Lady Bird tonight - expect it to be great.

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
as usual Hollywood never gets a train scene accurate.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing