I said I would never buy another Turntable...Argh !!!

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I'm beginning to think the traditional, offset castors make sense for the turntable stand. It appears that my 3" square box leg specification makes the stand quite heavy. In my case, that means, to make all three stands (two stands with a top to accomodate a TS-140 and one stand with a top to accomodate a TS-300) the same, I would get castors on all three stands.

stand placement logistics is an art managing where components and TT's reside in/on racks and having the right length's for interconnect to reach said components without having to pay the wire whores their exorbitant prices for the "best" cabling in longer lengths than you already have.... :wink: :cool::p:b

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Yes...the raw steel must be blanched if you go for clear coat vs an opaque color. I can't answer the color question of the raw steel pre-blanch.

I will find out more about the caster wheel/footer they are supplying for the table.

Why putting caster wheels on the table? Since you already own the excellent Wilson Audio jack, get two narrow wheeled platforms just 1/2' higher than the lower part - when wanting to move lift slightly with jacket from side and place the platforms under each side of the whole system. When in place lift a bit with the jack and remove the wheeled platform.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
looks like while I've been playing 'audio-nerd' at RMAF you guys have been working diligently to iron out the details on these racks.

thank you.

I did do some work; spent an hour and a half at an excellent tone arm tutorial by Frank Schroeder. very enlightening.....if mind challenging for a non techie like me.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Christian, what type of steel do you have for the top on your current custom Herzan stand?

harleyguy

VIP/Donor
Mar 6, 2015
HELP ME american sound was made by don't know.how can some one else start making them and use the same name.help me understand this

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
HELP ME american sound was made by don't know.how can some one else start making them and use the same name.help me understand this

I think the personwho makes them now doesnt care what the new owners call it.

Kind regards,
Tang

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, Christian!

Sweating every detail of the custom stand for hours I enjoy doing. Auditioning AC outlet cover plates -- not so much. :)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Desk, computer workstation removed. This will be the general area the AS will be located....might need to add a third phonostage....;)

Additional phono, longer phono cable, more interconnects, more power cords, custom Herzan active anti-vibe table, two more sets of arm/cart. This project is approaching the price of your F12, Christian :p. I bet you didnt realize it would go so big at time of decision to buy the hammer...hahahah.

Tang

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Additional phono, longer phono cable, more interconnects, more power cords, custom Herzan active anti-vibe table, two more sets of arm/cart. This project is approaching the price of your F12, Christian :p. I bet you didnt realize it would go so big at time of decision to buy the hammer...hahahah.

Tang

Christian, What kind of power cord do you plan to use on the Herzan.

Just kidding.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

Tang

when you figure Christian will likely subtract one tt from his current line-up (freeing up at least 2 arms, carts, and 2 phono inputs) once he grasps the full realization of what the AS brings to the table, then all those other 'accessories' will fall into line.

if he fully supplies the AS prior to that compare, then.....yes.....that could get into the crazy realm.

for me right now for the AS, i'm just thinking 2 arms like I have, and then grow into the other 2 organically. I have the cartridges now for 4.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Which are the other carts?

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY

Tang

LOL Tang....The only thing that doesn't bring a smile to my face is dealing with wire cartels....

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Here is the footer/caster for the NDW-23. It is pretty much the only recommended footer for the table. Wheel into position w/o equipment on top, dial the footer down to get wheel "off load" and level the table. It comes in any color you like as long as it is this off white. They won't be very noticeable under the big legs of the table.

I changed my mind to powder coat black to match my other racks. The white avi modules and controller in white won't bother me...almost like a silver component I have now on black racks.

Attachments

• Workstation Leveling Foot.jpg
    Workstation Leveling Foot.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 341

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Yes, thank you, Christian!

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
It's 1/2" Hi Strength Aluminum. Standard top they use.

Did u consider a top made from Panzerholz? I have the same Al shelves on my Herzan racks and I'm thinking Panzerholz would be ideal....

Trying to find Panzerholz to buy is a whole other issue.....

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Did u consider a top made from Panzerholz? I have the same Al shelves on my Herzan racks and I'm thinking Panzerholz would be ideal....

Trying to find Panzerholz to buy is a whole other issue.....

I did and quickly ruled it out based on David's recommendation...too dead sounding for the table support. Steel plate is best for this heavy stainless steel beast.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing