Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft

• Release date: March 16, 2018 (USA)

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Good actor, but legs too short, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay toooooooooooooooo shoooooooooooooort to be Lara Croft. I expect lots of editing around that. They already do what they can for her in other movies.

Funny though, wasn't into Jolie either. This new one looks a bit.... soft, to be a Tomb Raider. I'll have to think about whom I would choose.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I know you said legs; there are two types of legs...elongated and in the metaphorical sense...having legs, stamina, denouement, emotionally involved in a movie.

Plus, and it's the main plus of my posting the first link above; check Alicia walking by her partner Michael Fassbender.

She's a dancer, a model and an actress...of course. And she's prettier than the moon on a stardom night.

Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Like I was saying, they do what they can to make them look longer.

Here is a better example that has no doctrination. Angelina. No matter the measurements, perceptually you can see the misfit with Alicia. She doesn't look the part.

What is really funny is even though she is small, she makes Michael Fastbender's legs look real small for his height. He looks slightly funny, really.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
It's all fun; Angelina rocked as Lara Croft in her days...now we just have a new Lara Croft, with smaller lips, different build, new fresh young looks, more real, closer to home, and from a new perspective, as mentioned in the link that I provided previously...Alicia. Did you check that latest link* from wired?

Sure, we can become the new film casting directors, you and I, and I'm certain we can pick the best Lara Croft for the next Hollywood film series. :b

* This link: https://www.wired.com/story/tomb-raider-new-lara-croft/

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Love Tomb Raider. I have played most of the games all the way through, except the latest, which I have to pickup sometime for Playstation 4.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I'm not a gamer but I enjoy Tomb Raider on Blu-ray (two of them)...for Angelina, for the active techno addictive music, for the locales, for the classical music (Bach piano concert 5 album) she plays @ home in her manor on her Clearaudio turntable, from the first Lara Croft flick.

I also have the motion picture audio soundtracks on CDs.

So I am looking forward to this new one with Alicia Vikander, and also starring the other beautiful Hannah John-Kamen.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing