FredericBernard

Sep 18, 2017
Hey guys,

I hope this sub-forum is also for music postings? Seems like a great forum! :)

I already introduced myself in another thread but would love to do it again; my name is Frederic Bernard, I'm 28 years young and from Germany. I studied classical music at the University of Music Freiburg.

Anyway, I write in lots of different styles, so I think I'll just post a little potpourri out of some tracks and hope for some feedback (on compositon/the music itself but also on mixing/mastering would be great).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed68xtyrEYc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbrVVP1Q7IU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0edyajz7ac
https://soundcloud.com/fredericbernard/mrs-trigger-finger
https://soundcloud.com/fredericbernard/nightlife-crisis

Looking forward for any opinions on my cues.

PS: All sheet music/pdf scores can be downloaded for free at this time on my homepage fredericbernardmusic.com if you should be into music reading.

best,
Frederic

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Frederic - is this also you and your original work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tGHDTxqscI

I am going to make the call right here, right now. One of our generation's most talented composers. Period. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Your 'scores' have the theatrical drama, magnificence and weight of a score of John Williams but with (remarkably) less reliance on a set tune (which to be fair to John Williams, he is brilliant at...there are far too many 'tunes' you can whistle of his music...much like Mozart...and yet he fills a score around those tunes)...but your music seems to be memorable in its own way, have a bravado of its own...but with a complexity and tapestry that is insanely well controlled.

Few composers truly capture spaghett con brioi, or wind or flight...the way you are doing in your compositions. They give great action, excitement, drama...but not the actual musical equivalent of the event itself. Truly remarkable.

I cannot imagine you will not score a major film if that is what you wish, within the next 2 years. Or compose a symphony that captures the imagination of millions of listeners who come back to classical music because of those like you who have endeavored in an almost lost art of orchestral magic. I look forward to whatever you choose to keep doing.

FredericBernard

Sep 18, 2017
Thank you LL21, NorthStar and SteveWilliams!!

Was that you conducting in the first video?

No (I would have loved to conduct these by myself), this is Peter Pejtsik. Pretty cool guy and an amazing cellist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4qref2Byms

Also, great that someone likes the Mrs. Trigger Finger one, as I didn't got that much feedback yet. I even thought about reworking this one for an full-orchestral score.

Frederic - is this also you and your original work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tGHDTxqscI

I am going to make the call right here, right now. One of our generation's most talented composers. Period. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Your 'scores' have the theatrical drama, magnificence and weight of a score of John Williams but with (remarkably) less reliance on a set tune (which to be fair to John Williams, he is brilliant at...there are far too many 'tunes' you can whistle of his music...much like Mozart...and yet he fills a score around those tunes)...but your music seems to be memorable in its own way, have a bravado of its own...but with a complexity and tapestry that is insanely well controlled.

Few composers truly capture spaghett con brioi, or wind or flight...the way you are doing in your compositions. They give great action, excitement, drama...but not the actual musical equivalent of the event itself. Truly remarkable.

I cannot imagine you will not score a major film if that is what you wish, within the next 2 years. Or compose a symphony that captures the imagination of millions of listeners who come back to classical music because of those like you who have endeavored in an almost lost art of orchestral magic. I look forward to whatever you choose to keep doing.

Yes this is my original work (except for the video footage - this one is also one of my most favourite films ever!). The music is "Spaghetti Con Brio" and "Kitchen Fiasco", which I've both recorded in Budapest just as well with an orchestra around the size of 70 piece. Anyway....Wow! I think you've just rendered me speechless sir! Just wow!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you LL21, NorthStar and SteveWilliams!!

No (I would have loved to conduct these by myself), this is Peter Pejtsik. Pretty cool guy and an amazing cellist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4qref2Byms

Also, great that someone likes the Mrs. Trigger Finger one, as I didn't got that much feedback yet. I even thought about reworking this one for an full-orchestral score.

Yes this is my original work (except for the video footage - this one is also one of my most favourite films ever!). The music is "Spaghetti Con Brio" and "Kitchen Fiasco", which I've both recorded in Budapest just as well with an orchestra around the size of 70 piece. Anyway....Wow! I think you've just rendered me speechless sir! Just wow!

Hi Frederic - I meant every word of it. Truly gifted and truly polished. A rare thing i think. It was one of the comments about George Lucas when he first came out of UCLA film apparently. There were many talented film directors out of his class...but his early works were super-polished. Perhaps George Lucas has moved into a different field from direction given Industrial Light and Magic...but he has been truly a force in the creative arts, and his work speaks for itself as ILM.

If you ever do a concert, please let us know who live in this part of the world.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
Hey guys,

I hope this sub-forum is also for music postings? Seems like a great forum! :)

I already introduced myself in another thread but would love to do it again; my name is Frederic Bernard, I'm 28 years young and from Germany. I studied classical music at the University of Music Freiburg.

Anyway, I write in lots of different styles, so I think I'll just post a little potpourri out of some tracks and hope for some feedback (on compositon/the music itself but also on mixing/mastering would be great).

Looking forward for any opinions on my cues.

PS: All sheet music/pdf scores can be downloaded for free at this time on my homepage fredericbernardmusic.com if you should be into music reading.

best,
Frederic

Wow!! Great music with amazing diversity. While I am far too left brained to ever be able to be that creative, I am most certainly not incapable of recognizing incredible talent. Should you ever make your music available on disc or downloadable, I would instantly buy it.

Thank you for posting here. Nice way to start the morning.

FredericBernard

Sep 18, 2017
Thank you so much guys!!! This all is very very motivating to read!

If you ever do a concert, please let us know who live in this part of the world.

I think I forgot to answer on that in my PMs. I'm living probably far far away from you guys in a city in southern Germany called Freiburg. Here I also studied classical music/music theory. Small but wonderful city. Actually it's even called the "German California", as it's among the hottest place you can actually get here in Germany, lol. :cool: Anyway, this never kept me of from writing Christmas music, not even in midsummer (I think I wrote Mr. Alice when we've had something like 104 Fahrenheit out there. :D:p).

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

FredericBernard

Sep 18, 2017
FINALLY some new music to share – freshly recorded in Budapest/Buenos Aires!!

The Story behind: I was asked to orchestrate and re-arrange/adapt a Spanish song this Summer from scratch. After plenty of long nights, getting back and forth with a plethora of different prototype versions, as well as going upside-down with orchestration- and compositional topics, PLUS nearly 2 months of hard work (and Ice-Tea...TONS of Ice-Tea)... we were ready to score it live – back @ the famous Hungarian Radio Studio 22!

Credits:
Vocalist: Ignacio Constant
Composition and Arrangement: Tato Finocchi
Lyrics: Jimena Cabrera
Re-Arrangement and Orchestration: Frederic Bernard
Mixing and Mastering: Metronomix Studios
Orchestra: Budapest Scoring Orchestra, Hungary
Session Supervisor: Bálint Sapszon
Recording Producer: Miklós Lukács Jr.

PS: Additionally, and as a little bonus; I also wrote at my very first original, feature movie score, for the upcoming feature film "Halloween Party", directed by Thomas Crane. You guys are more than welcome to check out the Promo Suite and the Official Trailer (not my score on that one, but due to the outstanding cuts although certainly worth a mention!). We had just a budget of humble 2k, so no funds for live orchestral ventures here. Although I tried to double down, in order to create a lush and creepy Hitchcock-esque ambience! I hope you can hear the passion and dedication behind. Enjoy! (and as always I would LOVE to hear your critique)

https://soundcloud.com/fredericbernard%2Fhalloween-party-tba-2018-5-min-ost-promo-suite
Warm Regards and Happy Halloween!
-Frederic

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing