VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Thanks for posting.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

What was the record he was holding that recorded at the Village. I am sorry. English is my second language. I tried to catch that but naah.

Kind regards,
Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Thanks a lot Mike.

Tang

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
This was excellent. Jana is an excellent videographer and Michael is always entertaining.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Ha!- yes he knows how to play to the field!-

Quote of the vid

"They should'nt be critics they should be Publicists"

So true :b

BruceD

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

This is the coolest video by the coolest guy of the coolest planet!
From 10:33 I was in fully immersed, on the higher shifting gear. ...Till the very end.
Way to go Mikey, keep on rotating! ...Orbiting in the universe.

He's got a great Facebook page too: https://m.facebook.com/MikeyFremer

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Disgusting, clueless shill. His review of the Brinkmann DAC was one of the most disgraceful ever to appear in the magazine.

I guess we will just have to wait and see whether you ever try your hand at reviewing gear and see how you do. you could be God's Gift. I don't always agree with Fremer. but I do trust his motives. he could be dead wrong about MQA. which does not make him a shill.

MQA Truth

Banned
Sep 13, 2017
I guess we will just have to wait and see whether you ever try your hand at reviewing gear and see how you do. you could be God's Gift. I don't always agree with Fremer. but I do trust his motives. he could be dead wrong about MQA. which does not make him a shill.

Your reply is nonsense.

Let's revisit the facts-

-Fremer "compares" MQA to CDs. No comparisons to the high rez files MQA was processed from. NONE.
End of credibility for "review".

-Fremer claims that MQA bettered three vinyl on three set ups. So in THIRTY YEARS, no digital has out performed
any turntable he has had, but miraculously MQA steals the show.

This simply goes beyond believably of any rational person.

He claims he would not buy a non MQA DAC. Thre are currently a handful on the market. This statement and advice
to readers is absolute garbage, and shows him to be utterly out of touch with any reality and a manufacturers advocate.

His hits the same talking points as Reichert, and several other writers who received their marching orders from El Jefe.

If he had published a "review" like this of any vinyl related piece piece of gear, he would have been beaten in the streets by analog mobs.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Your reply is nonsense.

Let's revisit the facts-

-Fremer "compares" MQA to CDs. No comparisons to the high rez files MQA was processed from. NONE.
End of credibility for "review".

-Fremer claims that MQA bettered three vinyl on three set ups. So in THIRTY YEARS, no digital has out performed
any turntable he has had, but miraculously MQA steals the show.

This simply goes beyond believably of any rational person.

He claims he would not buy a non MQA DAC. Thre are currently a handful on the market. This statement and advice
to readers is absolute garbage, and shows him to be utterly out of touch with any reality and a manufacturers advocate.

His hits the same talking points as Reichert, and several other writers who received their marching orders from El Jefe.

If he had published a "review" like this of any vinyl related piece piece of gear, he would have been beaten in the streets by analog mobs.

your narrow little 'anti-MQA world view' is not the subject of this thread. and his views on MQA have nothing to do with my views toward him. I don't care much one way or another about your fight.

i'm listening to some pretty fine MQA right now, and not really worried about it. it's there, so I taste.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
+1.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Thanks for posting. Excellent video and very impressive all around. MF has one heck of a record collection. I also noticed that he seems to have gone away from the Wilson XLF' s to the new Alexx's. This makes perfect sense to me given the size of his room.
Have to love the water heater next to the system, but G-d help him if that leaks, lol!,
Lastly, I see he plays his Strat left handed....well sort of plays:rolleyes::eek::D

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I've always kinda liked Mike, but his retraction of a review he posted on a small component at the insistent behest of big rivals left a bad taste TBH.
He didn't feel that independent and free spirited to me after that one.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing