Why does Wilson wire internally with Transparent cables? Should Wilson owners use Transparent also?

caesar

May 30, 2010
What is so special about Transparent cables that Wilson uses it. Truly best or best synergy with Wilsons? Does Wilson systematically listen to other brands, or just has faith that Transparent is the best choice?

Is there a commercial agreement between Wilson and Transparent?

Should Wilson speaker owners use Transparent cables also to wire up their entire system? And if they don't, are they dumb or deaf?

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
What is so special about Transparent cables that Wilson uses it. Truly best or best synergy with Wilsons? Does Wilson systematically listen to other brands, or just has faith that Transparent is the best choice?

Is there a commercial agreement between Wilson and Transparent?

Should Wilson speaker owners use Transparent cables also to wire up their entire system? And if they don't, are they dumb or deaf?

Is there a reason for these types of "stir the pot" posts? The answers are actually pretty boring in this instance.

Wilson is constantly evaluating components that go into our products. If you are not getting better you are falling behind. Transparent's raw cables meet our technical needs and hence we use them internally.

If you mean by a commercial agreement that Transparent will sell Wilson raw cable when we place a PO, then yes. That is the extent of the agreement.

Wilsons use many brands of system components in developing our products. You wouldn't ever want a product to be tuned to a single amp or DAC or cable.

Associated equipment used with Wilsons are the customer's choice. Our speakers will do a great job of showing you the performance of which your component/system choices are capable.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

caesar

May 30, 2010
Is there a reason for these types of "stir the pot" posts? The answers are actually pretty boring in this instance.

Wilson is constantly evaluating components that go into our products. If you are not getting better you are falling behind. Transparent's raw cables meet our technical needs and hence we use them internally.

If you mean by a commercial agreement that Transparent will sell Wilson raw cable when we place a PO, then yes. That is the extent of the agreement.

Wilsons use many brands of system components in developing our products. You wouldn't ever want a product to be tuned to a single amp or DAC or cable.

Associated equipment used with Wilsons are the customer's choice. Our speakers will do a great job of showing you the performance of which your component/system choices are capable.

Hope this helps.

Metaphacts, thanks for the reply. Please post this reply on your website for full "transparency". In a disgustingly dirty industry - from an outsider perspective, sunshine is the best disinfectant.

caesar

May 30, 2010
You guys see the boxing decision last night? Disgusting for that one judge to score the fight 118-110 Canelo, when pretty much everyone thought Golovkin won the fight. High end audio seems 10 times worse... Makes one throw up in his mouth thinking about the economic incentives in this industry. I wonder how a seemingly principled-centered guy like Dave Wilson feels about the industry, as he actually has to deal with so many of these characters...

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Metaphacts, thanks for the reply. Please post this reply on your website for full "transparency". In a disgustingly dirty industry - from an outsider perspective, sunshine is the best disinfectant.

Caesar, what exactly do you want them to post? Something like "we make a product using the materials and technology best suited for our purpose". Your request to post for transparency is really non-purposed since what you are asking them to do is already obvious to everyone. Furthermore,, disparaging an industry by calling it "disgustingly dirty" seems not only banal but makes me suspect that you really are not well-informed on the subject. Or at least to the degree that such a statement would be considered "authoritative" by anyone. PS, I hope this thread closes quickly unless it reverts to the first question asked in the OP.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I enjoy many of Caesar's 'stir the sh*t' threads as much as the next guy, but his continual whining about motivations and transparency is ironic from such a personally secretive and anonymous guy.

his forthrightness to demand for same ratio is about zero.

this is not a request for any sort of change by Caesar (he has a reputation to uphold:rolleyes:), just that pot keeps calling the kettle black. LOL.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) Should Wilson speaker owners use Transparent cables also to wire up their entire system? And if they don't, are they dumb or deaf?

Caesar,

How can you have any doubt on it? It is known since long that the electrons coming from Transparent cables flow much better in Wilson speakers ... Some people taking PhD's in quantum mechanics are trying to explain it. :D

Considering the second part of question, as this past week I was re-listening to a complete loom of another brand (Crystal Dreamline) I can not be deaf - I can swear there was sound coming from the speakers. But I also did not felt dumb while listening, as it also sounded pretty good!

caesar

May 30, 2010
Gentlemen, simple question: have wilson tried nordost, tara labs, and other cables before choosing transparent wires? do these other brands not meet their standards?

And what happens to the system synergy when wilson speaker owners choose to use other brands?

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Not everything is about "standards", given that the impact of the internal wiring isn't a very highly significant thing, business aspects are important too. Transparent is probably easy to work with, they get what they want from them, and they fit the specs they need.

If it's not broke, don't fix it might apply here. For the short distances of wire used there simply isn't a need to swap in and out other manufacturers over and over, to the tune of a difference no one will ever know.

Magico uses Canare 4S11, because it has excellent specs, it's easy & functional... and yet people attach cables to them that cost 100x or more the Canare does, interesting, no? Again, no one is complaining about the performance so why swap if you are not going to get any appreciable gains?

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River

That's a very broad brush with which you are painting. Clearly you have a different view of the industry than I do.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Yes, I agree that it makes absolutely no sense to an outsider why they would choose one cable to another.

Hold on here... beyond the cables, would you want them to disclose on their website where they source every other part of their speakers??? Really??? If not, why exactly only cables??!??

caesar

May 30, 2010
That's a very broad brush with which you are painting. Clearly you have a different view of the industry than I do.

Yes, I have a deep background in economics and behavioral sciences. I just look at the incentives of the players and the subsequent actions of the players, and it is absolutely disgusting...

caesar

May 30, 2010
Hold on here... beyond the cables, would you want them to disclose on their website where they source every other part of their speakers??? Really??? If not, why exactly only cables??!??

Let's stay on topic :)

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014

Why are you into high end audio at all?

You continuously accuse "The Industry" (as if we all get together and plot about how to best screw our customers) of all this ridiculous stuff? Tell you what, if you want to know why "The Industry" does what it does, look in the mirror. Far from any nefarious plots, we simply try to offer what people want.

Why not just buy a pair of JBL M2 with Crown amps and be satisfied you have the best system on the planet and don't support the "disgustingly dirty industry"? Do you just enjoy coming here and insulting everyone? I honestly don't get it...

Reactions: delphi17

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
(BTW, Crown just went out of business, laying off everyone)

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
(BTW, Crown just went out of business, laying off everyone)

Link?

Crown is a Harman company (well, Samsung now I guess) and currently pairs the Crown amps with the JBL M2... If true, I'm not sure they went out of business rather than Samsung simply axing the brand but I can't imagine this happening without a replacement for the Crown amps.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Link?

Crown is a Harman company (well, Samsung now I guess) and currently pairs the Crown amps with the JBL M2... If true, I'm not sure they went out of business rather than Samsung simply axing the brand but I can't imagine this happening without a replacement for the Crown amps.

http://www.commercialintegrator.com/av/harman-650-employees-restructuring-lay-off/

The Crown line is to be axed, is my understanding, as this was the unit affected the most (other facebook chatrooms)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing