Why does Wilson wire internally with Transparent cables? Should Wilson owners use Transparent also?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
this post is completely ridiculous. what on earth does ones education have to do with anything? who cares! looking at your bio you go on and on and on and on about what you do. am i impressed? no! my point is ones education has nothing to do with anything related. it’s not a job interview dude.

it is a forum. he asked a question. it happens! if you don’t like it move on and write some more self-important BS about what you do that not a single person here cares about.

To be fair to Marty, as i recall, i did not sense that Marty was probing into the person's background. On the contrary, he was simply responding to the fact that the individual came out first to suggest that his business school education was one of his strong suits providing him with business acumen and the justified ability to criticize and discern the difference between good and bad business practices. After a few comments, I think the person then went on to say how many Nobel laureates or something had worked at the university, etc. Then when Marty asked which university it was...the person refused to say.

At the time...I did think it odd.

parkcaka

Sep 11, 2016
Istanbul
I tried many many cables with my Alexias including Nordost, Shunyata, High Fidelity, Ansuz. Not one of them beat my Transparents in overall.

But thats just me of course.

zbub

Jun 27, 2013
FWIW, my goal in system setup is a balance of sound frequencies. It bothers me when certain frequencies become overly prominent or laid back. I don't really care for sound staging nor pay much attention to imaging. When a system sounds balanced with good texture on the instruments I am there. What's related to this thread is that on my prior posts I'vd indicated a switch from Transparent to Crystal Cables after a change in room. After further experiementing I ended up removing the Finite Elemente Cerabase on the Alexandria 2's and went back to Wilson spikes. This change solved a lof of bloated bass issue in my current room. With this change I ended up going back to Transparent interconnects and speaker cables. I lost some definitions but the system sounds more balanced now.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
FWIW, my goal in system setup is a balance of sound frequencies. It bothers me when certain frequencies become overly prominent or laid back. I don't really care for sound staging nor pay much attention to imaging. When a system sounds balanced with good texture on the instruments I am there. What's related to this thread is that on my prior posts I'vd indicated a switch from Transparent to Crystal Cables after a change in room. After further experiementing I ended up removing the Finite Elemente Cerabase on the Alexandria 2's and went back to Wilson spikes. This change solved a lof of bloated bass issue in my current room. With this change I ended up going back to Transparent interconnects and speaker cables. I lost some definitions but the system sounds more balanced now.

This is helpful information. Did you try the Synergistic Research cables as well?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing