Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Why does Wilson wire internally with Transparent cables? Should Wilson owners use Transparent also?

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Caesar stop worrying about reviewers motivation, they want to sell subscriptions to audiophiles and advertising space to manufacturers and dealers. They will rarely review a company that does not buy advertising, and a bad review is even more rare. I am personally more worried/irritated about the audiophiles that want to make this hobby a business, they sneak up on you !
    Enjoyable travel stories and member system reviews that end up being pure informercials, those agendas are hidden much better !
    Large discounts on equipment purchases are good motivators.
    Good post but the part about advertising is not true. At Part-Time Audiophile, we do reviews and show reports all the time on firms that don't advertise with us.

There is a balance between covering gear that readers are interested in and the purely commercial needs of the publication. This also shows up in Alexa and other ratings that show the amount of eyeballs a site is attracting and for each manufacturer you need a certain minimum for them to feel they are reaching enough of their audience for an appropriate return.
    Writer, Part-Time Audiophile

Sources PS Audio Memory Player and DirectStream DAC, VPI Scoutmaster, Lyra Cartridge, Audio Research Ref Phono 2 Amplification Audio Research Ref 5SE & Audio Research VT100 with KT120s/Mundorf EVO Speakers: Magnepan 1.7s Cables Synergistic Research Galileo and Atmosphere UEF Level 4 Power Conditioning Synergistic PowerCell 12 UEF SE, SR & Furutech NCF outlets, various SR and Shunyata ac cables, Shunyata Denali Recording AKG 414 BULS mics, Sound Devices 722

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck View Post
    I am a Wilson owner (XLFs). ... Interestingly, it is my amplifier manufacturer (Boulder) that has more things to say about the speaker cables that should be used or not used...
    Fantastic speakers! As for TA Cables, I have used them for years now, and really like them. I am curious...did Boulder have anything to say about Transparent Cables? Or any other cables?
    Speaker Wilson X-1/SLAMMS / Velodyne DD18+
    Source Zanden 4Box Digital
    Amp CJ GAT 2 / Gryphon Colosseum
    Cable SC/IC / PC TA Opus Gen5/MM2 / PAD25th/Sablon GCUber
    Isolation Sandwiches Under: HRS/Stillpoints/Auralex Top: HRS/Artesania/Entreq/EAT/90kg Mass
    Power/Ground/Shield 7 x 16A Furutech / Burmester948+NordostQX4 / Tripoint TroySig+Thor / Entreq Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wrap
    Room/Tube Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex Mullard
    Headphone Sennheiser HD650 / Arcam rHead/ApogeeGroove

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! GaryProtein's Avatar
    This turned out to be an amusing thread.

Everybody has an agenda.

What else is new?
    Listening Room: McIntosh C46, MCD500, MR78, MPI4, MC602 (2), Accuphase DG58, Pass Labs XVR1 (three-way), tri-amplified Infinity IRS Series V, TailTwister T2X rotator, AtlasSound FMA Rack, dedicated electrical sub-panel, boarded up fireplace, NO TV!

Living Room: McIntosh C28, MC2300, MEN220, Revox B226, Tascam CD355, Thorens TD125 MKII w/vacuum platter, Rabco SL-8E, Grace F9-Ruby, McIntosh ML-2C (2) & ML-1C (4) stacked, MQ-107, SAE 2800, Nakamichi Dragon, Tandberg 64X, JL Audio f113 (2)

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! mauidan's Avatar
    I tried a full loom of TA Cables (ICs,SCs & PCs) tuned to my electronics with my WA speakers and returned them to the dealer.

Audience Au24 SX cables sound much better in my system.

I would say the choice of cables for any setup is always system and room dependent. In my case and for this thread, my preferred choice of cables when I had the system in Taiwan, with mostly brick walls and large glass windows around the listening room, Transparent cables were the preferred choice with the Alexandria 2.2s. After moving back to the US last year, with much softer material walls and ceiling, I prefer Cystal Cables in the current set up. Both have different strengths, but overall Crystal Cables sound more balanced for my current listening room.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zbub View Post
    I would say the choice of cables for any setup is always system and room dependent. In my case and for this thread, my preferred choice of cables when I had the system in Taiwan, with mostly brick walls and large glass windows around the listening room, Transparent cables were the preferred choice with the Alexandria 2.2s. After moving back to the US last year, with much softer material walls and ceiling, I prefer Cystal Cables in the current set up. Both have different strengths, but overall Crystal Cables sound more balanced for my current listening room.
    Curious, I currently move between TA Opus and Crystal Dreamline complete looms with the XLF's.
    Under construction around a pair of Wilson XLF's and a DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack : cj GAT, Lamm M1.2R, TA OPUS MM2 +TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables ...

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar
    Maybe I should re-wire my Wilson’s with Siltech Triple Crown or Nordost Odin2 ?
    Christian

System Gear

Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    Curious, I currently move between TA Opus and Crystal Dreamline complete looms with the XLF's.
    Granted the Transparent I have are NOT as high as Opus; when I was still in Taiwan, I finally settled on Transparent Reference Gen V XLR between CH C1 and Soulution pre, then Crystal Dreamline XLR between Soulution and FM amp, then Transparent Ref XL MM2 to the Wilsons. The balance was almost ideal in that listening room, and if I stayed in Taiwan longer, I will eventually end up with another Transparent between Soulution and FM. Now in the US, with the same Transparent between CH and Soulution and between FM and Wilson (I replaced the Crystal Dreamline XLR with a pair of Luminous Silver Reference XLR because I needed much longer cables for the set up, and by the way, I really like Luminous Silver Reference), sound was a bit too "in your face" and tonally tilted toward the bottom end a bit more than my liking, so I first replaced the speaker cables with Cystal Ultra that I had stored away, then also replaced the Ref. Gen V with Crystal Dreamline. Again, in my current listening room, I prefer it this way.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456