Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 104

Thread: Coralstone Diamond on Koetsu arm

  1. #91
    Congratulations rockitman on your new Koetsu coralstone! You got a very nice piece of fossil there. Just looking at the picture, I sense a three dimensional look into the body of the cartridge.

    I have a Koetsu tiger eye with diamond cantilever. I had no problems with brushing it. My cantilever broke off while playing an lp. I don't know why, it just happened. In my experience, when newly mounted, the singers' voices sounded 20 years younger and "angelic". I remember telling people the singers did not sound like themselves but they seem to sound like what I imagined they would sound like when they became angels. Take your time to break it in. You're in for a real treat even during break in period. For me, the diamond cantilevered Koetsu is the most mesmerizing Koetsu.

  2. #92
    Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Posts
    4,497
    Congratulations on the cartridge, Christian!

    Are you going to be able at some point to give us a sense of the difference in sound between the Coralstone with boron cantilever and the Coralstone with diamond cantilever?
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

    turntable: American Sound AS-2000; tonearms: SME 3012R, Schröder LT; cartridges: ZYX UNIverse Premium X-SB2, Air Tight Opus-1; tape: Studer A820 Mk II; phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies; line stage: VTL TL-7.5 Series III; amplifier: VTL Siegfried Series II; loudspeaker: Gryphon Pendragon; cables: MasterBuilt Ultra; stands: Herzan + Taiko Tana + Evo LPS for Io, custom for turntable, Stacore Basic+ for amps; power: Benjamin Electric subpanel, JPS in-wall wire, Furutech NCF outlets, Torus AVR60BAL; room: 19' wide X 24' long X 14' tall; acoustic treatment: SoundSense A.T.I. + Lumitex drapes + Vibramat, ASC IsoThermal Tube Traps; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks, self-propelled sound-absorbing cocker-poo

  3. #93
    Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern NY
    Posts
    6,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post
    Congratulations on the cartridge, Christian!

    Are you going to be able at some point to give us a sense of the difference in sound between the Coralstone with boron cantilever and the Coralstone with diamond cantilever?
    Thank you Ron. I feel like a cart hoarder....two unplayed coralstones sitting on the bench. I currently have a Tiger Eye in play boron. I will see if I am interested in torturing myself going back and fourth. The differences should be pretty apparent....I suspect the diamond will be on the AS, boron AF1.
    Christian

    System Gear

  4. #94
    Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern NY
    Posts
    6,687
    Quote Originally Posted by mullard88 View Post
    Congratulations rockitman on your new Koetsu coralstone! You got a very nice piece of fossil there. Just looking at the picture, I sense a three dimensional look into the body of the cartridge.

    I have a Koetsu tiger eye with diamond cantilever. I had no problems with brushing it. My cantilever broke off while playing an lp. I don't know why, it just happened. In my experience, when newly mounted, the singers' voices sounded 20 years younger and "angelic". I remember telling people the singers did not sound like themselves but they seem to sound like what I imagined they would sound like when they became angels. Take your time to break it in. You're in for a real treat even during break in period. For me, the diamond cantilevered Koetsu is the most mesmerizing Koetsu.
    Thanks for sharing your diamond experience. When my Tiger Eye grows tired, off to Japan for a diamond rebuild.

    Is the recommended tracking weight range between boron and diamond any different ?
    Christian

    System Gear

  5. #95
    Tracking weight is the same. If I remember correctly, Koetsu recommends 1.8 to 2.0 grams. In my own system, I preferred 2.2 grams. I can't remember the reason I preferred going over the recommended tracking weight anymore. It's been 5 or 6 years ago when I dabbled in analogue. I'm all digital today; but my analogue gears are still around, I'm just feeling lazy the last 3 years.

  6. #96
    Addicted to Best! shakti's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Cologne, Germany
    Posts
    204
    currently flipping between 5 different Koetsu (black gold line, Rosewood signature, Blue Sky , Vermillion, Onyx Platinum) , all with the recommendation of 1,8 to 2g.
    My experience is, every individual Koetsu of my collection likes a different tracking force, for whatever reason, it goes from 1,85 to 2,2 g, depending on the cart.
    I do not know, if this is general with Koetsu or depending on the different manufacturing years or more the age of the Koetsu.
    Comparing to my different colibris, they start new with 1,48g, after 300h they mostly like to be driven more close to 1,4g preferred tracking force.

    juergen

  7. #97
    Somehow I cannot find them anymore. Can somebody help me with the specs of the Coralstone platinum diamond cartridge?
    Last edited by Audiocrack; 11-11-2017 at 10:03 PM.

  8. #98
    Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern NY
    Posts
    6,687
    Quote Originally Posted by shakti View Post
    currently flipping between 5 different Koetsu (black gold line, Rosewood signature, Blue Sky , Vermillion, Onyx Platinum) , all with the recommendation of 1,8 to 2g.
    My experience is, every individual Koetsu of my collection likes a different tracking force, for whatever reason, it goes from 1,85 to 2,2 g, depending on the cart.
    I do not know, if this is general with Koetsu or depending on the different manufacturing years or more the age of the Koetsu.
    Comparing to my different colibris, they start new with 1,48g, after 300h they mostly like to be driven more close to 1,4g preferred tracking force.

    juergen
    Perhaps the different age of Koetsu carts is to explain ? ie: the optimal tracking weight may change over time for a given cart as the suspension ages and starts to drop. Just a logical guess on my part.
    Christian

    System Gear

  9. #99
    VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by rockitman View Post
    Perhaps the different age of Koetsu carts is to explain ? ie: the optimal tracking weight may change over time for a given cart as the suspension ages and starts to drop. Just a logical guess on my part.
    Indeed and not forgetting Humidity/extreme temperature changes /etc.

    BruceD

  10. #100
    VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] Tango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,433
    Bonzo sold me this Coralstone. Not pretty like Gian’s. But sounding very good. Grandest soundstage of all carts I have. Want him to regret he sold .

    It is on Axiom. A bit warmer than Opus1 and MSL Platinum on SAT.



    Tang

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Koetsu Coralstone
    By rockitman in forum Cartridges
    Replies: 192
    Last Post: 11-14-2017, 01:30 AM
  2. Goldfinger Statement VS Coralstone Diamond
    By gian60 in forum Cartridges
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-05-2017, 09:58 AM
  3. Koetsu Coralstone service ???
    By rockitman in forum Cartridges
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-30-2014, 11:45 PM
  4. Koetsu coralstone platinum stereo
    By audioblazer in forum Buy and Sell Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2014, 06:01 AM
  5. MSB Diamond DAC, UMT Plus, Diamond Power Supply has arrived !!
    By rsorren1 in forum Digital Audio Forum: DAC, Transports, Digital Processing
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 12-30-2013, 01:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •