Industry Panel on MQA at RMAF Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
So they don't want to reveal to a critical audience technical details on a process that is supposed to affect the entire audio industry? Seems like those who claim MQA is a money grabbing scam may be right after all.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
By the way, interesting to read some of the links posted on page 1 of the thread you referred to, such as the interview with Andreas Koch (Playback Designs) who also thinks it's a scam, and "MQA's missing link".

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
I am just thinking out loud here......that IMO is the absolute worst thing they could do at this point. Maybe it's just me but I think that was a not-so-smart decision.

Tom

MQA Truth

Banned
Sep 13, 2017
There was going to be a comeuppance for MQA at RMAF. There was going to be a very high profile mastering engineer
and several industry heavy hitters in the audience who were going to drop bombshells on Bob Stuart.

He was smart to back out

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Ah, I saw your other post. Now I understand why. Either way, it seems to be a lose-lose situation for him.

Tom

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
There was going to be a comeuppance for MQA at RMAF. There was going to be a very high profile mastering engineer
and several industry heavy hitters in the audience who were going to drop bombshells on Bob Stuart.

He was smart to back out

Oh I suppose he was going to tell us we aren't hearing what we are hearing. Probably doesn't; think cables make a difference wither.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Exactly what I thought was going to happen: a lynch mob.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Oh spare us the phony outrage. If that absurdly priced MSB DAC you sell in your shop
was not "MQA Ready", you would not give a darn.

Yeah yeah blame the big bad dealer who sells the absurdly priced stuff, sure... So predictable.

And BTW, I don't care either way. MQA can disappear tomorrow, for all I care. It'd be a shame because some of the MQA stuff do sound remarkable, but I really don't have a horse in this race.

MQA Truth

Banned
Sep 13, 2017
Yeah yeah blame the big bad dealer who sells the absurdly priced stuff, sure... So predictable.

And BTW, I don't care either way. MQA can disappear tomorrow, for all I care. It'd be a shame because some of the MQA stuff do sound remarkable, but I really don't have a horse in this race.

No horse in this race? Please don't insult our intelligence. Going through your big "MQA Discussion" thread, and others, your shameless shilling does not
quite reach the level of vomit inducing nonsense as Robert Harley, but you are a close second.

Not to mention, your posts about MQA are littered with inaccuracies.

Now try again.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
No horse in this race? Please don't insult our intelligence. Going through your big "MQA Discussion" thread, and others, your shameless shilling does not
quite reach the level of vomit inducing nonsense as Robert Harley, but you are a close second.

Not to mention, your posts about MQA are littered with inaccuracies.

Now try again.

sure is nice to welcome a new forum participant who embodies negativity so much it's his moniker.

glad to meet you.

I personally enjoy MQA but have no opinion about it's credibility. i'm a long term Bob Stuart doubter since MLP and their pathetic sounding speakers. so until I owned a MQA capable dac I was extremely skeptical, now I'm a little skeptical......even though I have to admit the files sound consistently good.......if occasionally over-processed.

when you are not pissed are you a happy guy? will you come back and join us without the conflict?

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
MQA Truth,

I'll leave the insulting with you. You seem good at it.

Have fun being so negative. I'd rather enjoy things for what they are and what they provide. So I'll keep enjoying my Linn Klimax DSM right now, that, as you probabbly know, will never have MQA, and yet, that doesn't make me think any less of it.

cheers,
alex

MQA Truth

Banned
Sep 13, 2017
sure is nice to welcome a new forum participant who embodies negativity so much it's his moniker.

glad to meet you.

I personally enjoy MQA but have no opinion about it's credibility. i'm a long term Bob Stuart doubter since MLP and their pathetic sounding speakers. so until I owned a MQA capable dac I was extremely skeptical, now I'm a little skeptical......even though I have to admit the files sound consistently good.......if occasionally over-processed.

when you are not pissed are you a happy guy? will you come back and join us without the conflict?
Hello Mike:

You clearly seem to be several levels above the average member here in intelligence and the grasp of logic, so
I will play along.

Bob Stuart knows just enough about digital to be dangerous.

His company, Meridian, has been an unmitigated disaster, despite getting numerous cash infusions in the millions from wealth family members.

When you listen to MQA, and they sound "good" what are you comparing them to?

Oh, I am whistling dixie. The industry group I belong to which is going to spread the word about what MQA really is,
refuses to tolerate a scheme designed not for the advancement of fidelity in digital audio, but to extract fees. Fees
from the record companies, the DAC makers, software makers, and anyone else they can shake down.

I have no conflicts. But we can't tolerate shills, non critical reporting, and outlandish claims/marketing lies.

How'd I do?

MQA Truth

Banned
Sep 13, 2017
MQA Truth,

I'll leave the insulting with you. You seem good at it.

Have fun being so negative. I'd rather enjoy things for what they are and what they provide. So I'll keep enjoying my Linn Klimax DSM right now, that, as you probabbly know, will never have MQA, and yet, that doesn't make me think any less of it.

cheers,
alex

LOL. I know you were not trying to be funny with your post, but it is quite amusing. ;)

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI

glad to meet you.

Mike,

MQA Truth aka audio_truth over on www.gearslutz.com refuses to identify who he is.

I doubt he wants to contribute anything to WBF other than his anti-MQA agenda.

Like you, I have enjoyed listening to Tidal MQA tracks, but have no opinion about it's credibility.

MQA Truth

Banned
Sep 13, 2017
Mike,

MQA Truth aka audio_truth over on www.gearslutz.com refuses to identify who he is.

I doubt he wants to contribute anything to WBF other than his anti-MQA agenda.

Like you, I have enjoyed listening to Tidal MQA tracks, but have no opinion about it's credibility.

I have never been a member of gearslutz under any moniker.

I am glad you enjoy MQA. Ignorance is bliss. Every scheme needs gullible suckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing