How does one become an expert in this hobby? Why are most guys in this hobby like "bad chefs"?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Yesterday's experience is today's history and tomorrow's reniewed expansion..., improving and relearning process.
Everything is changing so rapidly that experienced audio people is an extinct species.
It's a figure of speech of course, to be reminded that experience comes with every single day new adaptation and keeping up with tomorrow's new trends.

Are we keeping up? We sure do, or we wouldn't be living with our times.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Good answer.

An "Expert" is one who knows and accepts their system will not be perfect. Most know the deficiencies and are either willing to put up with them, or don't care.

I have several systems in my home. I know the deficiencies of each one and am willing to put up with them..... or can't afford to fix them!! :rolleyes:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing