Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lampi Super Komputer tubed S/PDIF Digital OUT

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!

Lampi Super Komputer tubed S/PDIF Digital OUT

Thoughts anyone?
    I absolutely love my Eera Tentation cdp, but it doesn't have a digital IN socket.
    However there is a possibility I could get them to mod the existing BNC Digital OUT to create an S/PDIF Digital IN, and hence use w aforementioned socket on the SK.
    What do you all think?
    Trans Fi Salvation tt & Terminator arm, Soundsmith Straingauge SG200 cart/Eera Tentation cdp/Nat Audio Utopia line stage & SE2SE SET monos w.NOS '48 GE tubes/Zu Definitions 4 spkrs w.Duelund caps & Lundahl transformers/Stacore isolation platforms, Symposium Isis rack & Rollerblocks isolation/Sablon Reservas & Elites cbls/Westwick 8kVA balanced pwr, Oyaides dedicated lines w.Furutech US sockets, SR Black fuses, Entreq Silver Tellus grndng.

Blog Entries
    But why did you decide on the Lampi SK?
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Purely compelled by the fact I want to stay Eera
    My Tentation doesn't have a Digital IN, but the current BNC Digital OUT could be modded to use as a SPDIF Digital IN
    And this could utilise the SK tubed SPDIF Digital OUT
    From what I gather, this SK SPDIF is head and shoulders above all others
    Double bubble in that I keep the Eera as standalone cdp as well, and gain a dac, meaning I don't have to find the expense of a new dac, just the streamer
    And w me possibly buying a sexy new Italian tt/refurbed arm, saving on an unnecessary dac suits me v well, esp as I rate the Eera extremely highly

Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritofmusic View Post
    Thoughts anyone?
    I absolutely love my Eera Tentation cdp, but it doesn't have a digital IN socket.
    However there is a possibility I could get them to mod the existing BNC Digital OUT to create an S/PDIF Digital IN, and hence use w aforementioned socket on the SK.
    What do you all think?
    Did you talk to them already about modding the BNC out to SPDIF in? I Wonder what that would cost.

Wisnon, just requested this.
    I'm a died in the wool cd man, the thought of going to streaming leaves me cold, just a little bit anxious.
    Additionally, I am absolutely in love w my Eera cdp, it's one if the biggest secrets/uber performers at its price and well beyond in audio.
    So, if I can find a way to reinvent it as dual purpose cdp and dac, keep my digital signature by not having to go with a brand new, unfamiliar dac as well as necessity for a streamer, this would really suit me.
    Any comments to entice me to go B7, GG or new Pacific will be gently deflected.
    Just need to know how good the SK tubed SPDIF is, esp in a digital world dominated by USB and Ethernet.

Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritofmusic View Post
    Wisnon, just requested this.
    I'm a died in the wool cd man, the thought of going to streaming leaves me cold, just a little bit anxious.
    Additionally, I am absolutely in love w my Eera cdp, it's one if the biggest secrets/uber performers at its price and well beyond in audio.
    So, if I can find a way to reinvent it as dual purpose cdp and dac, keep my digital signature by not having to go with a brand new, unfamiliar dac as well as necessity for a streamer, this would really suit me.
    Any comments to entice me to go B7, GG or new Pacific will be gently deflected.
    Just need to know how good the SK tubed SPDIF is, esp in a digital world dominated by USB and Ethernet.
    Not trying to entice, just intrigued with the mod and what it would entail/cost.

I know you love your CDP and have so stated ad infinitum.

The tubed Spdif from the old Lampi Transport was great, apparently. Never heard it but pals who had it swore by it. I saw on scopes how the digi-lampizator circuit squared up the digital signal.

Throw Tidal in the mix and you may finally abandon the spinning silver disk! Nah, I dont abandon mine either.

Yep Wisnon, I am a bit of a bore online LOL.
    My audio choices are a bit under the radar, I like to make them visible when I can.
    I think this is the way to go for me, cut the cost of unneeded dac, a bit of this budget to the SPDIF mod, and I'm good to go.
    I see my future unfold before me...

So is there a new version of the SKomputer being unveiled, along with the Pacific ?
    "It is music coming from another world, it is coming from eternity." ... HVK

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhead View Post
    So is there a new version of the SKomputer being unveiled, along with the Pacific ?
    Not sure, but audiophile Bill has a newer version from before.
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhead View Post
    Yes, its been released a month ago. Totally new Power supply scheme (7 PSUs) that took a year to design. Only Linux/Roon supported now, though one is free to use Windows unsupported.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast