I don't get It

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
It must be very very popular with the young audiences ...

http://time.com/4935221/it-box-office-stephen-king/

I have no interest in It ... I'll wait for It on Netflix, just for curiosity, and without knowing if I can make It thru the end.

Now, did anyone here saw It ? I'd love to know if It's worth It.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
It is running here as an immersive theater experience, will try

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
That's good to know, my sister is visiting me this weekend, I will take her there she is the type who gets scared easily

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
There is an audience for horror movies but they are not for me. So, I won't be seeing IT.

Seems like every movie I've gone to recently has shown the preview for this movie and even the preview creeps me out.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
I liked the old tv made version from years ago. Curry was a creepy hoot. Course I haven't seen it in quite awhile.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I'm just starting reading some articles about It.
First I was curious because it made $123 million domestic over the weekend, which is big this year, and particularly in the month of September.
It's based on a Stephen King's horror/thriller book.
Also, because of Harvey and Irma, the timing of the circumstances brought more kids @ the theaters this weekend? I don't know.
But this film doesn't attract me, none of the trailers, not the book, not the orgy chapter, which was omitted in the film, of course.
I didn't even know that this was supposed to be like a cinema experience...is it in 3D with some real rain and smell? I did not read anything about that.

For teenagers a horror flick might be good medicine in the times we are living, for adults I'm looking for something else myself. George Clooney has a new film...
___

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/what-the-new-movie-misses-about-stephen-kings-it
http://www.vulture.com/2017/09/how-the-new-it-movie-deals-with-the-child-orgy-scene.html

Last edited:

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..I hope it's better than the 1990 version

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
If someone I trust on movie opinions says it was amazing, I'll go see it.

Otherwise... mostly it'll just give me really stupid dreams at my expense of no real enjoyment.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Perfect? No. It feels crammed as the individual kid's greatest fear vignettes are done one after another. It would be fine except there are a LOT of kids. They are ALL great vignettes though. After the fourth I was just starting to think, let's get on with it. I missed the formatting of the book where King jumped back and fourth between adult and the kid flashbacks. To me, it was more fright fest than terrifying, the latter I associate more with movies with more deliberate rather than frenetic pacing and it is meant to be enjoyed as such. Other than that, I think the visual translation was impeccable, the sound outstanding and most of all the casting was the best assemblage of child actors yet surpassing even Mathilda and Potter. All these kids could act and I expect to see many of them grow to be A-listers someday. Bonus on the soundtrack selection. The choice of The Cult to introduce Beverly's character was just pure genius.

I recommend this visit to the cursed town of Derry, Maine.

Any news on The Dark Tower? Bad reviews.

With Vampires getting all cutified for the most part and The Strain taking it in a way too weird direction, I wonder if Salem's Lot will ever be redone and done well.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
OMG that looks more twisted than Misery! A little much for me.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Latest on It > http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/17/media/it-box-office-mother-jennifer-lawrence/index.html

It is still doing very good, it has momentum now, the critics are good overall.
Personally I am not a fan of that genre.

As for the latest film with Jennifer Lawrence; it doesn't have good reviews, and it is not doing very good @ the theaters.
I like Jenny; she is pretty and funny. ...Not my favorite actress but ça va, enfin.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing