Rumors about the new iPhone

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I hope the camera keeps getting better. Too bad they don't offer camera lense "stick on" options like Red and Motorola ???

There are countless after market production of lens accessories for the iPhone.

853guy

Aug 14, 2013
I've never bought a PC in my life. I've been an Apple user for the last fifteen years, recently purchased a new MacBook Air for my wife and only gave up my iPhone because we switched service providers and their deal for a Galaxy made more sense. As a piece of art it sucks, but as a phone to make calls, send texts and check emails it's fine but it lacks a certain je ne sais quoi.

I appreciate Steve Jobs was a flawed genius, but there was almost nothing that came out under his tenure that wasn't redefining our relationship with technology.

But Tim Cook does my head in.

https://9to5mac.com/2017/09/08/iphone-8-animoji-3d-emoji-face/

I mean, really...? Ugh.

Despondently,

853guy

Steve Williams

But Tim Cook does my head in.

Mine too

The long term vision of Steve Jobs is gone

Don't know if I can ever buy another Mac book pro without ports and with those stupid buttons they now have

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Doesn't seem that Apple cares about computers any longer - their laptops are well behind the curve and they don't seem to have been in any hurry to update them.

My wife is an Apple lover (phone and tablet) much to my chagrin but I just could not bring myself to pay nearly 3x the price for an Apple laptop for her when an Asus Zenbook Flip with a 512gb SSD, 8 gigs of RAM and a better Intel processor was about 1/3 the price of a Macbook Pro. Asus was $529 and Apple was $1500.

May be a different decision for a true believer, but not for me.

No offense intended to Apple fans!

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
I have used Mac for 15 yrs too, but the next Laptop will be Lenovo. My phone is now Blackberry. Apple software is dire now.

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
So after the presentation, I have one smiling eye and one sad eye.

I'll buy the new IPhone X. I'm 100% sold on the concept

Right now I have a IPhone 6s+.

Sadly there are no new MacBooks or Mac's.
Although the IMac 5K is freaking awsome ! But I still prefer my custom Built PC with a Xeon and Nvidea 970's running in SLi ! Also got a M2 SSD

Have a great Day !

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I watched the entire presentation. I have an interest in the new X but I will have to see the actual size first. I prefer my 5SE size and would never consider the plus sized versions.

Steve Williams

So after the presentation, I have one smiling eye and one sad eye.

I'll buy the new IPhone X. I'm 100% sold on the concept

Right now I have a IPhone 6s+.

Sadly there are no new MacBooks or Mac's.
Although the IMac 5K is freaking awsome ! But I still prefer my custom Built PC with a Xeon and Nvidea 970's running in SLi ! Also got a M2 SSD

Have a great Day !

I also have a 6s Plus and am ordering the X. Interesting the X is available only in 2 colors (Space Grey and Silver) and only 64 Gb or 256 Gb at $999 and $1299)

The other concern I have is that you can't order the X until Oct 22 and I am hearing they will be in scarce supply due to issues with the oled

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
I have used Mac for 15 yrs too, but the next Laptop will be Lenovo. My phone is now Blackberry. Apple software is dire now.

I realize this is not the point of discussion, but I have a Lenovo Yoga 910 and absolutely LOVE it. Nicest laptop I've ever owned and is at the same price as Macbooks that simply can't compete. I also found an open box unit at Best Buy for $1000... much cheaper than the $1700 they were retailing for at the time.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I realize this is not the point of discussion, but I have a Lenovo Yoga 910 and absolutely LOVE it. Nicest laptop I've ever owned and is at the same price as Macbooks that simply can't compete. I also found an open box unit at Best Buy for $1000... much cheaper than the $1700 they were retailing for at the time.

just got an Lenova 2nd Gen X1 Yoga with 1tB PCle SSD and OLEG. the picture is amazing, it really pops. also got the Thunderbolt docking station.

my son spec'd it for me. replaced my trusty VAIO Z I used for 6 years.

love this one too, still learning it. it was not cheap. but if it also makes it 6 years then i'm good. the Z was/is excellent.....the Z will replace my file download CPU that broke. figured I would phase out the 'Z' before it failed on me at the wrong time and I lost stuff.

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
just got an Lenova 2nd Gen X1 Yoga with 1tB PCle SSD and OLEG. the picture is amazing, it really pops. also got the Thunderbolt docking station.

my son spec'd it for me. replaced my trusty VAIO Z I used for 6 years.

love this one too, still learning it. it was not cheap. but if it also makes it 6 years then i'm good. the Z was/is excellent.....the Z will replace my file download CPU that broke. figured I would phase out the 'Z' before it failed on me at the wrong time and I lost stuff.

Mine only has the 512 GB SSD, but has all other options including the 4k screen. It is a beauty - I thought it was ridiculous when I bought it to make a 14" screen 4k, but it DOES make a difference. Some details I've seen have just blown me away.

I was looking at the HP Spectre but the price on this open box unit sold me. I would've loved the 1 TB SSD but its a minor inconvenience. I have zero complaints or regrets about the purchase and I'm quite particular with my computers.

EDIT - to add value to the discussion at hand, I'm still sporting two 6s Plus' and have no desire to upgrade. The X looks nice but until Apple kills the functionality of the ones I have, I can't find myself to commit four figures to a phone (no offense to those who can). The new design doesn't really scream Apple to me either. It seems like they keep getting further away from their design roots as time goes on. Maybe this is just progress/evolution, but I always liked the immediately identifiable iPhone design.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I'm currently using a 6 plus. I think I am better off going 8plus than X. Better viewing of web content..(wider than X) I guess smaller handed people will prefer the X fit in the hand. I have huge hands so a plus is like normal size for me. The emojis and facial recognition are of little interest to me. The cameras are virtually the same.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing