Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Techdas Air Force 3 VS Clearaudio Master Innovation

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    How was the Fuuga compared to the others?

I in person think its one of the best carts i ever heard (and i heard A LOT! ) if not THE best.
    IMHO its better then my Anna, GFA, Etna sl, Miyajima madake... and more then a few very very heavy High end respected Cart's we got between some friends.
    Speakers:Magico S3MK2
    Preamp:Luxman c900
    Amp:Luxman m900
    Cables:Siltech Double Crown - XLR & RCA
    Power:Furutech,Nordost Odin1
    Digital: Metronome C8/Aurender N10
    TT2:Clearaudio Master Innovation with TT2 & UNIVERSAL arms
    Carts':Zyx r1000 airy3 sb,, ortofon Anna, DS audio
    Phono: (dont know which to get instead....)
    Racks: solid Tech Rack of silence reference
    Power treatmentPs Audio P10

[WBF Founding Member] Addicted to Best! JackD201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    Comparison to the CA or to other AF tts? I have done the latter but the CA I've heard often in familiar systems with familiar arm & cartridges. As the budget drops compromises add up, I find the AF3 competitive at it's price level and not particularly lacking in frequency response but there is a character and color to the sound.

david
    Only between the 3 AF nodels. AF1P pending. Only 2 clients of mine have MIs. One is very happy with his MI with CA arm and Goldie S and the other has an MI but an AF2 not an AF3. Different arms, carts and phono for each.

Yes there is a color to the sound, the color lessens with each model up.
    Disclosure of Industry Participation

Co-Founder and Managing Director PureSound PH - Exclusive Distributor (Philippines only) of Lamm, Von Schweikert Audio, CH Precision, Light Harmonic, Valvet, Townshend, Critical Mass Systems, EERA, KR Audio, Ambience SS, TechDAS, Master Built

Quote Originally Posted by JackD201 View Post
    Only between the 3 AF nodels. AF1P pending. Only 2 clients of mine have MIs. One is very happy with his MI with CA arm and Goldie S and the other has an MI but an AF2 not an AF3. Different arms, carts and phono for each.

Yes there is a color to the sound, the color lessens with each model up.
    Which platter/platters did you get with your Premium?

david
    Audio Industry Affiliate:Lamm, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformers, Pheonix Engineering.
    Specialty & Unique Offerings: Vintage horn speakers, Vintage and Modern Turntables, Analog Accessories.

System 1: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 1
    System 2: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 2- Near field setup

[WBF Founding Member] Addicted to Best! JackD201's Avatar
    Not my premium. It's been sold. Titanium came with it David. We do have Duralumin and SS to try too. I never bothered with the Acrylic.

We are scheduling a group upgrade from 1s to 1Ps here. They will send the parts and one of the engineers. The only difference will be the aesthetics. No shiny black bands and leveling knobs and same control panels.
    Disclosure of Industry Participation

Co-Founder and Managing Director PureSound PH - Exclusive Distributor (Philippines only) of Lamm, Von Schweikert Audio, CH Precision, Light Harmonic, Valvet, Townshend, Critical Mass Systems, EERA, KR Audio, Ambience SS, TechDAS, Master Built

How does the AF3 compare to the older Micro Seiki tables like the 5000/8000? I like the smaller footprint and multiple arms, but I have to wonder if the more massive chassis and arm mounting on the AF2 and AF1 are responsible in part for the less colored sound. I am speculating because I have only heard the AF1 and not the 2 or 3.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-20 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

It's funny, the AF3 seems to be quite polarising. Lots of people like it and lots really don't like it. You don't get many middle of the road comments. I guess it might be quite sensitive to isolation, certainly more than the AF2 or AF1 which have a suspension.

Most people agree that the AF3 is a lesser table than its big brothers. But that is beyond the point, as they are in a different price range. The big question is how the AF3 compares to other well regarded suspensionless TTs in the same price range such as Kuzma, TW Acustic, Brinkmann or others?

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    How does the AF3 compare to the older Micro Seiki tables like the 5000/8000? I like the smaller footprint and multiple arms, but I have to wonder if the more massive chassis and arm mounting on the AF2 and AF1 are responsible in part for the less colored sound. I am speculating because I have only heard the AF1 and not the 2 or 3.
    Fans of MS like it better than the AF1. Especially the 8000
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Very different sound Peter, even the Micro 5000 & 8000 sound quite different from one another but that's expected with different materials, mass, platter and bearing designs of each.

david
    Audio Industry Affiliate:Lamm, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Jensen Transformers, Pheonix Engineering.
    Specialty & Unique Offerings: Vintage horn speakers, Vintage and Modern Turntables, Analog Accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by howiebrou View Post
    It's funny, the AF3 seems to be quite polarising. Lots of people like it and lots really don't like it. You don't get many middle of the road comments. I guess it might be quite sensitive to isolation, certainly more than the AF2 or AF1 which have a suspension.
    Not polarizing at all Howie, it is what it is only trying to give you an idea what it sounds like which I'm not sure if we're helping since it's in the context of other tables that you might not have heard either.

david

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast