Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Techdas Air Force 3 VS Clearaudio Master Innovation

Quote Originally Posted by abeidrov View Post
    Maril, congratulations on the new table, glad to hear, that you are enjoying it.
    My comments were only in comparison to the AF2. Maybe “lack of bass” is too strong a statement, but the AF3 definitely sounded lighter than the AF2. Is your table placed on some sort of an isolation platform?
    The table is on SRA Scuttle rack

I am happy to hear this because also I am interesting to buy AF3 with Elite

Quote Originally Posted by howiebrou View Post
    Maril,

As a new owner of the AF3 (you, not me!) I would be very interested in your experience in terms of set up, arms and carts you have on and whether you have attempted to isolate the table given the missing suspension from the bigger brothers.

thanks

howie
    With regards to the set-up- it's very straightforward and fairly easy. I like the ability to height- adjust 4 feet.
    It also allows for a calibration of the belt tension- the initial part of the process is done manually, and then the rest of it accomplished electronically,
    locking in correct speed for any given tension.
    At the same time, it allows you to "play" with different belt tension values, something, I haven't done yet.
    The air floating platter and suction pump is extremely quiet and vibration free (to a degree). I haven't experimented with the pump isolation yet.
    As I mentioned in another post, the table is on SRA Scuttle rack, that should in theory provide a stable platform and an isolation from vibration.
    Articulating armboards is a very flexible way of setting spindle-to pivot distance, and, as you know, there are 4 of them (imagine the possibilities).
    TechDas can supply armboards for 9-10" arms, and a different size for 12" ones.
    I have 10" Graham Phantom Elite on it now, and ordered an armboard for my 12" Reed 3P, that I had before.
    I personally am very interested in comparing these two arms on the same table with the same cartridge (NS Kiseki Purple Heart).
    Overall, Air Force 3 gives an impression of a very well engineered piece of equipment, something, that I cannot say about some other TT's, I had in my system previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Maril555 View Post
    With regards to the set-up- it's very straightforward and fairly easy. I like the ability to height- adjust 4 feet.
    It also allows for a calibration of the belt tension- the initial part of the process is done manually, and then the rest of it accomplished electronically,
    locking in correct speed for any given tension.
    At the same time, it allows you to "play" with different belt tension values, something, I haven't done yet.
    The air floating platter and suction pump is extremely quiet and vibration free (to a degree). I haven't experimented with the pump isolation yet.
    As I mentioned in another post, the table is on SRA Scuttle rack, that should in theory provide a stable platform and an isolation from vibration.
    Articulating armboards is a very flexible way of setting spindle-to pivot distance, and, as you know, there are 4 of them (imagine the possibilities).
    TechDas can supply armboards for 9-10" arms, and a different size for 12" ones.
    I have 10" Graham Phantom Elite on it now, and ordered an armboard for my 12" Reed 3P, that I had before.
    I personally am very interested in comparing these two arms on the same table with the same cartridge (NS Kiseki Purple Heart).
    Overall, Air Force 3 gives an impression of a very well engineered piece of equipment, something, that I cannot say about some other TT's, I had in my system previously.
    Sounds like you're onto a winner there with a myriad of possibilities. Congrats and keep us updated along your arm board journey!

Howie

Some news with new AF3 Premium?
    If AF3 was far in the sound from AF2 like someone tested,AF3 Premium will be near and interesting

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678