Pacific dac: Lampizator's new top of the line dac

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
is that you Greg - when are you in Harrogate?

Yes. it's Greg and Harrogate is :

OCT 21

Home & Lifestyle HIFI SHOW - Harrogate 2017
Oct 21 - Oct 22 · The Old Swan Hotel Harrogate · Harrogate, United Kingdom
https://www.facebook.com/events/1966646963583416/?acontext={"action_history":"[%7B%5C%22surface%5C%22%3A%5C%22page%5C%22%2C%5C%22mechanism%5C%22%3A%5C%22page_upcoming_events_card%5C%22%2C%5C%22extra_data%5C%22%3A[]%7D]%22%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7D

Dear All

G point audio are extremally happy to invite you to visit us during the upcoming The New Home & Lifestyle Hifi Show, a very special event of the particular kind.

G point audio are proud sponsors of The Home Hifi Show 2017 edition and we firmly believe this will be one of the greatest shows on the UK calendar. You will find us in the Foxhunter and Bramham suites on the ground floor where we intend to entertain you with spectacular music in a stunning room.
We have pulled out all the stops for this show.

We will be presenting the UK debut of the spectacular LampizatOr Pacific DAC, representing the crowning achievement of its world-renowned designer/proprietor Mr Lukasz Fikus. Also present will be the latest-generation of the astounding Golden Gate DAC, the “GG2”, and even more. Lucasz will be present in-person.

Also present, another of our heroes: Ms Eunice Kron, proprietor of KR Audio, Prague. Our main system will be powered by the astounding Kronzilla VA680 power amplifier. A range of KR tubes will be also available.

Speakers in our main system will be the sublime hORNS.pl Universum MKIII. We also will present the superb J.Sikora turntable and valve electronics from Thöress, cables from Albedo Silver and Skogrand Cables, plus other major surprises! We look forward to meeting you all there!

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
No....I will be in the US then...or just coming back.

I will be at the Audioshark event in Florida though.

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
There is a SK behind the dac. What input will be used: USB, LAN or both?

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Looks posh , the brass sheen more classy than the gold depicted in the previous first look pic . That be a Stacore isolation platform below ?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Should have had a much larger room with big scale speakers to show it off.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Should have had a much larger room with big scale speakers to show it off.
Sometimes you get what you get...we will also have a smallish room...tried to get a bigger one but no luck.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hey, you showing some Aries Cerat gear? If so, damb, my folks are 20 miles from Harrogate! In Spain now.

Hi, I think he is referring to RMAF show, not Harrogate. There is another Harrogate show in the UK where also they are showing Pacific.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Hi, I think he is referring to RMAF show, not Harrogate. There is another Harrogate show in the UK where also they are showing Pacific.

Brad is referring to the Swiss high end in Regensdorf

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Btw, I got some very critical feedback as regards the performance of the Pacific dac at the RMAF 2017 from an audio insider: according to this insider the Pacific dac 'sucked' and the sound was shrill. I have not yet heard the Pacific dac.

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Btw, I got some very critical feedback as regards the performance of the Pacific dac at the RMAF 2017: according to this insider the Pacific dac 'sucked' and the sound was shrill. I have not yet heard the Pacific dac.

not what i heard at all. it was very refined, balanced, open and natural sounding to my ears all 4 times i visited. 'liquid' would be another descriptor that comes to mind......the last thing i would say would be 'shrill'. the first time the room was not settled (at 11am Firday) but still had good sound.

i guess we all have a right to our opinions.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
not what i heard at all. it was very refined, balanced, open and natural sounding to my ears all 4 times i visited. 'liquid' would be another descriptor that comes to mind......the last thing i would say would be 'shrill'. the first time the room was not settled (at 11am Firday) but still had good sound.

i guess we all have a right to our opinions.

Glad to hear this, Mike. And yes ... in this hobby we are all (luckily) entitled to our own opinion.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing