Pacific dac: Lampizator's new top of the line dac

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
No not yet
Pity.
I thought it shouldn't be too hard to find another PAC (than the one in question) to compare your unicorn GG against.
Maybe audioquattr allows you to come another time and then you could take your GG along ;)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Pity.
I thought it shouldn't be too hard to find another PAC (than the one in question) to compare your unicorn GG against.
Maybe audioquattr allows you to come another time and then you could take your GG along ;)

Yes am planning to. But I am focused on tannoys at the moment. AQ is experimenting with his system so will be doing trips there. There is no different Pac that I know of in the UK

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Yes am planning to. But I am focused on tannoys at the moment. AQ is experimenting with his system so will be doing trips there. There is no different Pac that I know of in the UK

So I do get this right, that all 4 (or 5 ?) people saying their GG and GG2 DACs are better sounding than the Pacific DAC all compared to the exact same one Pacific DAC?

I know of about at least 15 people spread all over the world (including myself) preferring the Pacific DAC over their GG and GG2 DACs by quite a bit margin.

Doesn't that sound at least a bit suspicious to you?
Or do you really think we are all deaf? :rolleyes:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
So I do get this right, that all 4 (or 5 ?) people saying their GG and GG2 DACs are better sounding than the Pacific DAC all compared to the exact same one Pacific DAC?

I know of about at least 15 people spread all over the world (including myself) preferring the Pacific DAC over their GG and GG2 DACs by quite a bit margin.

Doesn't that sound at least a bit suspicious to you?
Or do you really think we are all deaf? :rolleyes:

All is documented above. I have no intention of revisiting this until I do my next shootouts which will be with a settled Pac owner who prefers his Pac to his GG. I might do it in the Lampi factory to try and understand how gain adjustments play a role in the two

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Kedar my place has gone through same major changes since our visit.
So many new devices and setup much better.
I also have a gg2 and pac as well.
I truly wound like you to come here again it's nkt just about your dac deeply it's much more about you being here again to comment
Of course your dac and whom ever you wish to come are also welcome. Lets try to do this soon please. I enjoyed our visit last time very much
Your good people
Oh snd I have been decorating too.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Pity, I forgot to link you for my session yesterday with Audio Consulting. 6 hour session ..I will txt you pictures and vid clips.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
All is documented above. I have no intention of revisiting this until I do my next shootouts which will be with a settled Pac owner who prefers his Pac to his GG. I might do it in the Lampi factory to try and understand how gain adjustments play a role in the two
I have a GG1 and Pac sitting right here, GG2 25 mins away. LoL Next week, AL will have a GG2, Pac, HeadDac and old B7 in the same room.

Reactions: christoph and Golum

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I have a GG1 and Pac sitting right here, GG2 25 mins away. LoL Next week, AL will have a GG2, Pac, HeadDac and old B7 in the same room.

How far are you from the airport?

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
30 mins drive or less. Goran is another 25mins away and he has GG2. Would love to hear your GG1, but as we are outside EU, its a customs risk...though soon you will be too. LoL

In April Goran will be free and makes it even more interesting.
On Mar 28/29, we will do a group thing with Yoda and others at Serge and Herve....

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
As this topic has kicked into drive in the past few days....

I have the Pacific 211 Monos back, now with their final front panels. They look and sound beautiful!

View attachment 49342
They did look/sound phenomenal when i saw them at LF place but now they are just o_O. Enjoy them JT !

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
How far are you from the airport?
As Norm said but also just from my side - i hope you know that you don’t need a written and signed invitation letter to pop by...

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
As this topic has kicked into drive in the past few days....

I have the Pacific 211 Monos back, now with their final front panels. They look and sound beautiful!

View attachment 49342
Happy for you J. Ground them up. The sound will be more organic even.

Kind regards,
Tang

Reactions: jturbo

Sfox7076

Jul 8, 2015
Brooklyn, NY
I don't have room for a Pacific. I have to try to hear one some day soon. Also need to get back to my build projects. Have been distracted too long.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing