Pacific dac: Lampizator's new top of the line dac

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Tang,

The lite 7, big 7 and golden gate can take the 300b and also do PX4, PX25, 101d, 45, and 242. These are all output valves, and the valve you see in the front of the dac you posted is the rectifier which is 274b or 5u4g. Valves can be had from various NOS as well as special ones made by KR and EML.

The heat sink, power supply, parts, circuitry improves as you go up the chain. The Pacific will be twice that of the GG in size.

So in the link you posted there are 2 output valves and one recti. Pacific will have additional 4 in the power supply (not exposed, I think). It will also have 4 output valves instead of 2, as it will have the pair in series. So with the rectifier and 4 output valves, that is 5 exposed valves, plus 4. Hope that clarifies.

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Tang,

The lite 7, big 7 and golden gate can take the 300b and also do PX4, PX25, 101d, 45, and 242. These are all output valves, and the valve you see in the front of the dac you posted is the rectifier which is 274b or 5u4g. Valves can be had from various NOS as well as social ones made by KR and EML.

The heat sink, power supply, parts, circuitry improves as you go up the chain. The Pacific will be twice that of the GG in size.

So in the link you posted there are 2 output valves and one recti. Pacific will have additional 4 in the power supply (not exposed, I think). It will also have 4 output valves instead of 2, as it will have the pair in series. So with the rectifier and 4 output valves, that is 5 exposed valves, plus 4. Hope that clarifies.

Kedar,

Thank you for an exexutive summary of Lampi. There seem to be so many variations and things to play with. I guess thats part of why it is very popular.

Kind regards,
Tang

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Kedar,

Thank you for an exexutive summary of Lampi. There seem to be so many variations and things to play with. I guess thats part of why it is very popular.

Kind regards,
Tang

Not necessarily. Like any TT, you can play with the carts, but usually people settle with one, maybe 2. Valves do have a different gain and output voltage and some can match a particular system better than others. So it's not that some valves are just different, but some are a significant upgrade at only a few hundred quid.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
most intrigued to hear what you think, Audiocrack!

As soon as I have any news regarding the performance of the Pacific dac, I will let you know Lloyd. It will probably take somewhat more time before this new dac will arrive at my place. Just talked to Lukasz on the phone; hopefull/likely they will be able to ship the Pacific dac in the first or (at the latest) the second week of October. Will keep my GG in order to be able to compare the two.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
As soon as I have any news regarding the performance of the Pacific dac, I will let you know Lloyd. It will probably take somewhat more time before this new dac will arrive at my place. Just talked to Lukasz on the phone; hopefull/likely they will be able to ship the Pacific dac in the first or (at the latest) the second week of October. Will keep my GG in order to be able to compare the two.

Wow!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Will keep my GG in order to be able to compare the two.

That is excellent news for hesitant GG owners :rolleyes:
I can't wait to read about your findings :cool:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
it will be a data point of some sort....and fun to hear.

Dac listens for me at shows are usually negative instead of positive, so they are worse than a data point

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Dac listens for me at shows are usually negative instead of positive, so they are worse than a data point

over a three year period, MSB Select II listens at shows set a bar high for me, that eventually resulted in my purchase, which fully fulfilled my expectations and then some. but agree it's not a slam bam type degree of feedback. which is why I call it a data point.

you can hear degrees of refinement evident in the presentation and then see if that come through in other rooms. over time these things can be helpful to separate the wheat from the chaff. but no one show experience tells all.

those show perceptions were in my mind while I was owning other various dacs and listening in my room. it was a valuable reference for me.

Last edited:

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
That is excellent news for hesitant GG owners :rolleyes:
I can't wait to read about your findings :cool:

Let's see, Christoph: I am a little hesitant myself and that is why I want to compare the two. That said, I am confident that Lukasz is on to something.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing