Pacific dac: Lampizator's new top of the line dac

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
“He draweth out the thread of his verbosity finer than the staple of his argument”

WS

Lol. Nailed it. That was woefully written tbh.

mr.gregdee

Oct 3, 2016
E.Sussex ,UK
gpoint-audio.com

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
If you ignore the nonsensical English, unfortunately the reviewer undertook the entire process using possibly one of the worst valves out there, namely we replica 101d. It would be more helpful to hear how valves such as 242 and 45 globes perform.

mr.gregdee

Oct 3, 2016
E.Sussex ,UK
gpoint-audio.com
If you ignore the nonsensical English, unfortunately the reviewer undertook the entire process using possibly one of the worst valves out there, namely we replica 101d. It would be more helpful to hear how valves such as 242 and 45 globes perform.

well, his English is as good as it goes , given the fact that he is foreigner with no daily contact with the language. I agree on your comment re tubes Bill however. I would personally go for one of those 2 myself as a personal favourite, but such are WE101 replicas to him. The matter of the personal taste. As we both know how they compare to our references we can kind of imagine which direction would the differences be going to.

Anyway, the Pacific will be soon here with me, so no guessing needed. One of my GG demo unit had been moved to update to GG2 version as well , so all Olympus will be at the touch of the hand for the UK based fans.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
well, his English is as good as it goes , given the fact that he is foreigner with no daily contact with the language. I agree on your comment re tubes Bill however. I would personally go for one of those 2 myself as a personal favourite, but such are WE101 replicas to him. The matter of the personal taste. As we both know how they compare to our references we can kind of imagine which direction would the differences be going to.

Anyway, the Pacific will be soon here with me, so no guessing needed. One of my GG demo unit had been moved to update to GG2 version as well , so all Olympus will be at the touch of the hand for the UK based fans.

We need to arrange for the Lampi UK and global ambassador, Prof Desai, to undertake a scientificallly rigorous “compare” then...

dctom

Jan 28, 2015
Wiltshire UK
www.davidcthomas.co.uk
Certainly not criticising the use of English Greg, especially being a mono lingual pleb myself. Just the style was a little over florid imo - bit too "Srajan Ebaen" like.

Chacun à son goût as they say in Wales.

Looking forward to hearing a strong demo of the Pacific in the UK btw.

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
QUOTE]

Je ne savais pas qu'ils parlent si bien francais dans le Pays de Galles:)

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Ked compare...

Easy. Send Pacific to me, Emperor Ming (Mark) or Bill... but preferably me :)D) for demo purposes and where the Pacific is Ked will follow.;)

mr.gregdee

Oct 3, 2016
E.Sussex ,UK
gpoint-audio.com
Certainly not criticising the use of English Greg, especially being a mono lingual pleb myself. Just the style was a little over florid imo - bit too "Srajan Ebaen" like.

Looking forward to hearing a strong demo of the Pacific in the UK btw.

;) hahaah

I see what you mean
yes it is a bit poetic ,
but such is the man

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
This is a nice analysis. Looks like T100 is the way to go based on the description, in the Pacific (not GG)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Are you thinking of trading up, Ked?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
No, because I have to buy a flat, speakers, amps, analog set up, and records.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Even with the zero loss trade in?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
There is still a lot to pay on top. The question is for what? The GG is too good and so easily malleable with two valves, I can make it sound the way I want with the electronics I have. To better it a bit is not my goal. Academically I would be interested in the comparison. The other things I have to buy from scratch, so definitely more important than an upgrade.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
There is still a lot to pay on top. The question is for what? The GG is too good and so easily malleable with two valves, I can make it sound the way I want with the electronics I have. To better it a bit is not my goal. Academically I would be interested in the comparison. The other things I have to buy from scratch, so definitely more important than an upgrade.

I see your point Ked and it is very logical.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
I was wondering how long it would take Lucasz to do this. I was listening to some excellent sounding Engstrom 70 Watt monos at last years Munich using the T-100.

I have a wry smile on my face:)

Does this DAC take 211/845 too? Can't imagine so they aren't UX4. I haven't read the review yet.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing