Pacific dac: Lampizator's new top of the line dac

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Ahhhh, The latter would certainly blend a little better with the rest of my ARC system, Stainless steel might be interesting tho a little harder to work with than Alu.

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Lukasz speaks:
From Suncoast Audio. The Host with the Most.
https://www.facebook.com/100010225035480/videos/523672947983535/
Norman, thanks a lot for the link. I did not realize Lukasz is such a good presenter and entertainer:)
Most of my questions have been answered: new chip vs R2R, USB vs other inputs.
One thing I am still curious about is DSD performance of the new DAC. It is my understanding, that the new chip supports DSD natively, so the famous chipless DSD engine is no longer needed. Is that correct? Can anyone comment on DSD performance of the Pacific?

Thanks,
Aziz

Last edited:

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
He did say he is considering eventually doing black and brushed alu down the road..

Just to clarify Norman , Is Lukas considering an option of All black or All Brushed Alu ? Or Black Chassis case with brushed Alu front panel?

Viewing the close up posted above I cannot help thinking how nice that would look in Staniless Steel.

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Norman, thanks a lot for the link. I did not realize Lukasz is such a good presenter and entertainer:)
Most of my questions have been answered: new chip vs R2R, USB vs other inputs.
One thing I am still curious about is DSD performance of the new DAC. It is my understanding, that the new chip supports DSD natively, so the famous chipless DSD engine is no longer needed. Is that correct? Can anyone comment on DSD performance of the Pacific?

Thanks,
Aziz

I think it has Both. One chipped for mixed playlist and chipless for mission critical DSD playback.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Just to clarify Norman , Is Lukas considering an option of All black or All Brushed Alu ? Or Black Chassis case with brushed Alu front panel?

Viewing the close up posted above I cannot help thinking how nice that would look in Staniless Steel.

I dont think even he knows that answer yet. We just have to wait...and lobby. Lol

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Hi Norman,

Is that any possibility to view this video without having a FB account?

Mariusz

Not sure
I tried to save it myself...but no luck so far. If I crack the code....i will let you know.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Hi Norman,

Is that any possibility to view this video without having a FB account?

Mariusz

You don't need one. Just click "Not now" on the pop up that obscures the entire video. Then press play on the video. When it is playing, scroll up and set the video playback to full screen. Sorted.

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
You don't need one. Just click "Not now" on the pop up that obscures the entire video. Then press play on the video. When it is playing, scroll up and set the video playback to full screen. Sorted.

Thank you, I am afraid " Not now " does not appear on the welcome page of FB:(

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Thank you, I am afraid " Not now " does not appear on the welcome page of FB:(

Wisnon's link doesn't take you to the FB welcome page (Windows 10 Microsoft Edge). At least on my laptop it is as I describe it.

I just tried it on my phone and it works without any issue (Android). You could try that.

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Wisnon's link doesn't take you to the FB welcome page (Windows 10 Microsoft Edge). At least on my laptop it is as I describe it.

I just tried it on my phone and it works without any issue (Android). You could try that.

My W7 and Ipad redirect me to the welcome page, have not any Android device.
But my son has given me his login and password :)
Then this is what FB tells me :

"The link you followed may have expired, or the Page may only be visible to an audience that you aren't in."

I give up :)

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014

"The link you followed may have expired, or the Page may only be visible to an audience that you aren't in."

Damn computerz!:)

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow

Don’t give up:) I had the same message when I tried to access the link from iPad. But with a MacBook it worked. So try it from a computer.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Here we go for all to see. I had to crop and few seconds from the start and end of the video, but it is more than 99% complete.

Done mainly as I don't like Facebook much. Quality is pretty much the same as the original i.e. no appreciable loss of resolution/frame rate. But the quality of the original wasn't high and it was shot with a mobile held vertically - which IMHO in the large majority of cases is never sensible.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011

I have asked Mike to put this on Youtube. Lets see.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing